New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by katsudon_ph
    well alterra is already launched and d pa raw mahaba pila.. that is the good alternative to fortuner since in thailand it is direct competitor.
    The alterra might eat up the xtrail sales ... but if they make an effective campaign ... pwede nila maisahan yung toyota ... especially if the dealerships are playing hardball ... gawa lang sila ng promo price campaign ... slash a 100K-200K below the fortuner ... tignan natin kung di maglipatan yung mga naka waiting list sa fortuner ... it's not just about revenue .. it's also about getting market share ..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    According to the sales agent from Toyota Batangas they are only getting 5 thousand per unit sold(altis/vios) I don't know how much they get if they sell a prado or a land cruiser.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog
    According to the sales agent from Toyota Batangas they are only getting 5 thousand per unit sold(altis/vios) I don't know how much they get if they sell a prado or a land cruiser.
    that's just the marketing agent's commission.

the dealership's commission is another thing though.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah, that's just the agent's commission. i imagine the dealer getting much more. or else, like BlueBimmer said, mag-squid ball na lang sila.

It seems the dealers are one in prioritizing In-House Financing and Insurance. Just talked to Toyota Alabang. Dang!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung 5K na yan, commission ng sales agent yan. actually, dyan din kinakaltas mga extra freebies na hihingiin mo (except for the standard free items like matting, ordinary tints, and seat covers).

the dealer gets from 50K to 100K depending on the unit sold. actually, maliit lang yan considering the price of vehicles are 1M or more. nabubuhay ang mga dealers sa service centers nila.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29
    yeah, that's just the agent's commission. i imagine the dealer getting much more. or else, like BlueBimmer said, mag-squid ball na lang sila.

It seems the dealers are one in prioritizing In-House Financing and Insurance. Just talked to Toyota Alabang. Dang!
    .. when I was scouting for a new car this May ... they mentioned that all Toyota dealers had a meeting and decided to standardize all their messages to the public .. that's why i suddenly lost freebies and discounts that they originally quoted me .. a toyota dealer told me if i get a better deal from a different dealership .. to tell them ... para maisumbong nila ...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Typical greed. :mad:

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    just paid toyota cagayan de oro P 50,000.00 (refundable) for my reservation this afternoon. i reserved the 4x4 variant - black. my agent told me waiting time is 2 months.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lexus
    just paid toyota cagayan de oro P 50,000.00 (refundable) for my reservation this afternoon. i reserved the 4x4 variant - black. my agent told me waiting time is 2 months.
    you got in-house financing and insurance?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    toyota cagayan has no inhouse financing but they do get commision from bank finance arrangement. i have no commitment if i pay in cash or i'll have it financed. sabi ng account officer ko sa bank if you have it financed the chattel mortgage will cost around 9000++ but if you check sa price list ng mga casa, they are charging 24,000++. so dito yong malaking income nila. by the way price of fortuner 4x4 here is 1,498,000.00 plus 22,000.00 for the freight on board

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Toyota Fortuner Reservation: Dealership woes...