New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    grabe sila... they should be thankful that the r&d of toyota is good in designing car....

in my own computation. the fair insurance should be ranging from 30k to 35k..

as for the credit line in bpi. the rate that was given to me for 1year is 4.6% vs their in-house of 6.1..
    bka im considering the alterra as good replacement... they suck talaga..

to think that i have purchase toyota cars(not just one but total of 11) from that agent in the past ..

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    By law, they cannot force you to get their insurance and financing. but then again, they can always bump you off for another more willing sucker. nasasayo na yun, principio o fortuner? la kang magagawa, law of supply and demand e, pero sana may control ang dti para di abusuhin.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I just talked with one of Toyota agents here in Batangas. They will prioritize daw customers who will take their in house financing. Harang to ah.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    ang sama ng ugali ng Toyota dealers. buti na lang at di ako bibili ng fortuner, kasi wala akong pera

andy

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    In addition... Kung san daw mas kikita ang Toyota yun ang prority. Sheesh!!! kasi daw IMV project yun. Kawawa naman tayong consumer kung ipipilit nila yun.

At least honest yung nakausap kong sales agent.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I agree with you when you say that some Toyota dealers practice unscrupulous selling....taking advantage of the Fortuner's popularity.

My family went to Toyota Quezon Ave. yesterday ready to place an order for the 4x2 variant. They were appaled that the Sales person was quite hesitant to give a brochure. My mom told the "Marketing Professional"..." Bibili ako ng sasakyan niyo na halagang 1 milyon pero brochure na nagkakahalagang 50-70 pesos eh di mo ko mabigyan?" This guy goes on to tell my mom that the waiting time of the Fortuner is now up to 1 YEAR which again earned her ire. Who in the right frame of mind will pay 1.2 M just for their vehicle only to enjoy the fruit of their hard earned money a year after. "Para niyong pinatulog ang pera ko". And it doesn't stop there. This guy then says that there is a way to get this car earlier and that is to purchase it through in-house financing & in-house insurance. The waiting time would now be 3 months. My mom wanted the guy to elaborate some more so he gave a computation for a 1 1/2 year financing term. The interest rate used by toyota amounted to a whopping 14%. Again, my mom was quick to react..."My bank could approve me of a car loan with the same period for around 7-8 % interest rate, is there a lower rate you could provide for this?
    These were the exact words of this so called Marketing Professional. " Naku Ma'am baka mahirapan po kayo na makuha kagad yung unit ninyo dahil BINIBIGYAN PO NG PREFERENCE YUNG MGA IN-HOUSE FINANCING & INSURANCE WITH A HIGH RATE. IN FACT, MERON NA PONG MGA NAGBAYAD NA IN FULL CASH KASO UUNAHIN PO MUNA ITONG MGA IN-HOUSE FINANCING! PUWEDE KO PO KAYO BIGYAN NG MAS MALIIT NA RATE PERO MEDYO MATAGAL PO ANG HIHINTAYIN NINYO AT BAKA UMABOT PA PO NG PASKO!

My Mom had enough of it. She got the quotation for reference puposes & prepared to leave already. Tapos humabol pa ng hirit it agent nila. Sabi niya " O AYAN MA'AM, BINIGYAN KO KAYO NG BROCHURE KAHIT WALA PA KAYONG RESERVATION AH! This time around my dad just got pissed of already.
    "T__G I_A ninyo feeeling niyo ginto yang Fortuner niyo at pati yang brochure niyo eh isusumbat mo sa amin! " Then they immediately walked out very frustrated with this dealership!

I just wish Toyota would read this and realize what goes around comes around! Just because they had a new car at the right place at the right time doesn't mean they can screw around with the buying public!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsk tsk tsk...

that's why I don't like buying "new" vehicles. like when the Rav4 first went on sale - the waiting time was also long. but after a year or so, they were the ones who were giving freebies & offering lower rates.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, medyo garapalan na nga yung sales tactics ng toyota dealers over that fortuner. although lahat naman ng dealers ganyan (lalo na honda nung unang labas yung gen2 cr-v) pag may hot item

i went to Toyota QA and presented myself as seriously considering the fortuner. i asked the sales agent if it was true that the waiting time was 3 months, and he said, "naku oo ser, mahaba na yung pila. 14 units lang kasi yung allocation ng diesel per month per dealer, tapos apat lang sa gas. pero ser, kung gusto niyo talaga, magagawan ko ng paraan yan para 1 month lang! basta kailangan financing atsaka insurance, di pwedeng hindi... blah blah"

hehe. too bad, next year ko nalang titingnan ulit yang fortuner pag medyo mas nahihirapan na silang mag fill ng quota, belat sila!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Huwag na kayong maniwala sa mga sales tactic na yan. Lumang istorya na yan. Tingnan niyo Kia Sorento ngayon, after only 3 months sila na nanliligaw ngayon. Wait for it to cool down mga 3 months, sigurado wala ng pila yan. Pag lumabas na ang Isuzu Alterra and Nissan Xterra, baka mas maaga pa mawalan ng pila.

Tubong lugaw talaga sila sa financing kaya syempre, tatakutin ka nila ng isang taon na pila.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pera...pera ang mahalaga kahit anong brand pa hehe

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Toyota Fortuner Reservation: Dealership woes...