New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    made a reservation in toyota cubao last 11th May. they didn't give any commitment kung when daw mag release ng units...pero ang mga big bosses ng each toyota branch meron na( inunahan pa ang mga customers). anyway, tmp cubao asked for a 100k dp, lto reg for 3 yrs- 12.5k, insurance of 45k and chattel and mort of 24,565.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto
    Bwisit yung Otis, kailangan yung insurance dapat sa kanila daw, which is 59,700 PhP.
    Quote Originally Posted by borborygmus
    made a reservation in toyota cubao last 11th May. they didn't give any commitment kung when daw mag release ng units...pero ang mga big bosses ng each toyota branch meron na( inunahan pa ang mga customers). anyway, tmp cubao asked for a 100k dp, lto reg for 3 yrs- 12.5k, insurance of 45k and chattel and mort of 24,565.
    After the local dealerships found-out that the Fortuner is turning into a runaway success, they are now starting to abuse their perceived market leadership. The above quotes are perfect examples of this abuse! These dealers better not count their chicks before they're hatched... Just 'cause they're overflowing with reservations doesn't mean that they've struck it rich!

The other car manufacturers have already seen Toyota's success in Thailand. I'm sure they've already learned their lesson there. They'll come up with something different in RP to make up for the poor showing in Thailand.

[SIZE=2]Dear Toyota dealerships, fair warning... "What goes around, comes around..." Reservations can still be cancelled. You might get left with a huge inventory of units if you persist on this abuse of the consumers... [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    My Insurance friend only estimated it to be 30T-35T yung insurance. Beside the 59,700 PhP insurance, may LTO registration na 10K PhP, no chattel and mortgage. Standard Chartered ang may hawak ata sa Otis. I already got 3 other cars from Otis at masaya naman ako sa after sales nila. Pinagbigyan ko na lang sila para di mapahiya si Cynthia She said that each dealer is allocated 20 units each per month, 16 diesel and 4 gas version. She told me to expect mine around July (got my fingers crossed)
    Last edited by Monseratto; May 22nd, 2005 at 12:57 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    m just wondering why each branch of tmp has a different policies (quotations). but what i heard from an agent from cubao, tmp made auniform policies that will apply to all of it's branches. and yet iba-iba pa rin ang ginagawa nila ( well, maybe tmp saw that the market are under their control bcoz of the success of FORTUNER)...to tmp: wag naman kayong magsamantala...maniwala kayo sa karma...he he he).
    goodluck to all who bought FORTUNER...sana di kayo mainip sa paghihintay...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I hope someone in Toyota Otis is reading this thread. They should not take advantage of their customers. I checked with other Toyota dealers and I think Otis is quoting the highest insurance cost. I wonder why they are risking future referral business for just a few thousand pesos in extra profits.

I hope TMP should look into this as well.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    went to toyota makati insurance is 35k with 3 yrs tpl (d4d 3.0) reservation fee-20,000.00. when i called up cagayan de oro ang insurance nila si 44,920.85 reservation fee - 50,000.00

i dont know what to say, but i guess it would be good for the industry if they standardized things. kasi we are talking here of customers who are professional, decent who want to buy (spend millions) not just the cars but also the service that agents renders, so if you still need to haggle to get a nice deal, its like going inside divisoria stalls buying goods from china who are priced twice than suggested and you need to haggle with the salesclerk until she comes up with a price you'll agree. kung hindi ka nag canvass you'll end up paying twice.. feeling mo na loko ka. heh heh heh
    Last edited by lexus; May 22nd, 2005 at 07:01 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto
    Bwisit yung Otis, kailangan yung insurance dapat sa kanila daw, which is 59,700 PhP.
    Alabang has the same "requirement".

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i hope the other car manufacturers lower their prices so that masunog itong mga mayayabang na toyota dealers.

they should thank their lucky stars that they have te privelege to have such a runaway success. huwag naman abusuhin.

andy

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    To tell you my experience with fortuner reservation thingy...

1. The agent in toyota ortigas insisted that i avail of their in-house financing even though their rate is much higher than the bpi rate for 1 year and also i have approved credit line in bpi.
    2. The agent went further telling me that i should get the insurance from them even if im in the insurance business..
    If i did not agree with those conditions antay daw ako ng 2 to 3 months..

This is not the toyota that i known for in the past considering that i have lots of toyota cars that i get from that bs agent..
    I think the supply and demand law is at its best in the fortuner case ... seems it is becoming a picanto case.. i would not be surprised if they raise price come june or july..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Katsudon_ph,

I had just gotten a similar reply from Toyota Pasong Tamo. They're including a P70K DVD system with the car, so whether or not you like the DVD system, you'll have to pay for it to get the car. Plus, they require in-house insurance and financing!

I like the Fortuner, but this is abusive and crazy!

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Toyota Fortuner Reservation: Dealership woes...