New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Fortuner has made quite a stir in the market to the point that some dealers have already taken advantage of it and jacked up their prices considerably. well it includes some freebies though but my wife went to toyota bacolod this morning to ask about the fortuner. they quoted the diesel at 1.678 M inclusive of LTO, insurance and as they claimed, freight & handling, adding that the unit is from thailand. they're also giving free leather seats, 3M tint & matting and the only color available there at this time is grayish brown. finally, they're asking a reservation of 100K and the balance payable on delivery which is in 2 months time. unscrupulous? or reasonable? any comments guys?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    UNSCRUPULOUS and UNREASONABLE!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by inggik
    Fortuner has made quite a stir in the market to the point that some dealers have already taken advantage of it and jacked up their prices considerably. well it includes some freebies though but my wife went to toyota bacolod this morning to ask about the fortuner. they quoted the diesel at 1.678 M inclusive of LTO, insurance and as they claimed, freight & handling, adding that the unit is from thailand. they're also giving free leather seats, 3M tint & matting and the only color available there at this time is grayish brown. finally, they're asking a reservation of 100K and the balance payable on delivery which is in 2 months time. unscrupulous? or reasonable? any comments guys?
    Free leather seats?! thats a good deal!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check if they mean genuine leather upholstery (like what kelseat does) for the whole interior (includes the door sidings)... baka naman cheap synthetic leather seat covers lang iyan hehe

assuming they mean genuine leather upholstery:

Fortuner 3.0 base cost = 1,498,000
    leather upholstery = 55,000 (just an estimate)
    LTO = magkano ba ito? let's say 7,000?
    insurance = magkano ba ito? let's say 40,000?
    3m tint = 5,000, i think high estimate na yun
    3m matting = let's say 5,000

that would come out to 1,610,000. 68,000 ba ang shipping? parang mahal yata hehe.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    TMPC hasn't yet delivered a single Fortuner unit to an outside buyer (I'm assuming that some dealer owners and their close relatives have already gotten units for themselves) and they're already raising prices?! I don't think so. But the P1.68M for a 4x4 dsl i3.0V that's exactly the same as the ones they're selling in Thailand is just about right. The Thai price is 1.2 million baht, and at 1.37 pesos to a baht that works out to P1.644 million. But for that price, you should also demand the standard steering wheel built-in remote control AND back-up sensors. Oh, but since they're throwing in the insurance (OVERPRICED), these items probably will not be included.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Sobra yung 1.6 M sa toyota bacolod! manloloko yung sales rep na yun. better pa dito na lang kumuha sa manila. may nakausap akong sales agent sa toyota makati and she told me that wala daw discount ang lahat ng vehicles under the IMV project. same price daw lahat ng dealers. standard freebies include matting and 3M tint. add ka 14k for 3 years na lto registration. tapos mahaba daw ang waiting list 3-4 months and you'd really have to wait because the unit will come from thailand as CBU. kahit kakilala mo daw presidente ng toyota eh you can't have the unit agad. pero nasa pinas naman tayo so pwedeng pakiusapan yan. wasn't able to test drive the unit but up close it wasn't as impressive as i thought it would be (comparing it to our paj FM). the units came with bridgestone dueler HTs. baka isang reason yan ng harsh ride.

anyway guys kung pupunta kayo toyota makati look for jillian. very accomodating siya kausap. pwede na natin sabihin cute din siya. hehe

pero if you really want to know more about the truck, go to toyota pasong tamo and look for jet.

sabihin niyo lang sa kanila jayvee referred you.
    Last edited by ek2jayvee; May 17th, 2005 at 11:45 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    P30,000 lang ang freight for a pajero from Manila to Gen. SAntos. Bacolod should be a lot cheaper.

andy

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    baka mag-back out yung ibang nagpareserve sayang 10T
    let's wait 4 the all-new isuzu SUV or the nissan Pathfinder, they'll be out in the market SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN!

but i love the looks of the fortuner.... more than any SUV in its class,
    like some babes,
    pwede na rin kahit bukod sa maganda ay.............wala na :bwahaha:
    Last edited by 109; May 17th, 2005 at 04:18 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    SUVs

The Fortuner is still selling like hot cakes, despite a waiting period of three months for the diesel version that accounts for almost 90% of Fortuner sales. Last month, 2,331 units were sold representing 70% share of the SUV market.

Other players only managed to gape at the Fortuner juggernaut. Ford sold 253 units, Isuzu 250, Honda 118, and Mazda 115. :puyat: :puyat:

Bwisit yung Otis, kailangan yung insurance dapat sa kanila daw, which is 59,700 PhP.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    mon toyota cubao's insurance is only 45k

Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast
Toyota Fortuner Reservation: Dealership woes...