New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddeeward View Post
    Hi does anyone here changed their shocks in the new Fort to have a more comfortable ride? I inquired with Atoy customs and they said better to change them with "NAM" brand or Bilstein brand. Thanks! I need you feedback on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Though not fort, ung 08 everest namin pinalitan ko ng rancho 5000 series front and rear. Ang laki rin ng improvement sa ride mas naging comfortable.
    pero pansin ko medyo naging boaty pag high speed na takbo mo sa lambot ng bound at hard ung rebound.

I wouldnt recommend lowering tire pressures to compensate for a smooth ride especially if below sa recommended ng manufacturer(sticker sa driver door) Nag wear ung outer sides ng tires ko faster compared sa center portion due to underinflation running 28 cold.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Vensong Quezon View Post
    Experience ko sa 2016 Fort, Tarlac area yon. for kids, It's a fun ride parang trampoline hehe! lalo sa mga semintadong may mga hati hati.
    ok yan pag puno kayo pero kung 2 to 3 passengers? parang jeepney ang ride akala mo leaf spring 28psi front tapos sa rear 30psi.

magiimprove ang ride nyan pag lagyan nalang ng mga barbell.

pero kung ride comfort hanap mo dapat sana Innova nalang pinili mo.
    Hahaha okay thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Bilsteins will be noticeable in large ruts and also at speed on the open road. As for the small imperfections, it depends. But either way, the shock upgrade is good. Try also considering Old Man Emu.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I understand that tagtag is subjective....

What I do not understand is why do you have to change the shocks of a brand new vehicle?

[Unless you're telling me that it is as bad as the old Fortuner. Is it?]

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.5K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

5. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    Though not fort, ung 08 everest namin pinalitan ko ng rancho 5000 series front and rear. Ang laki rin ng improvement sa ride mas naging comfortable.
    pero pansin ko medyo naging boaty pag high speed na takbo mo sa lambot ng bound at hard ung rebound.

I wouldnt recommend lowering tire pressures to compensate for a smooth ride especially if below sa recommended ng manufacturer(sticker sa driver door) Nag wear ung outer sides ng tires ko faster compared sa center portion due to underinflation running 28 cold.
    Yong 28 kasi pag mainit ang panahon pasado narin yong ride comfort, but still matigas parin ramdam na ramdam mo kalsada. papalo ng around 32 when running na. kung 32 agad when cold napaka harsh na ng ride lalo kung ilan lang kayo. iwan ko pero pag puno ok na yong ride. kung city siguro ok lang ang 28 since mabagal lang naman ang takbo.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The new Fort is incredibly bouncy if you are driving alone, though not jolting/tagtag like the old one. I much prefer the ride of the old monty... Is there anyway to tighten the road feedback?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    The new Fort is incredibly bouncy if you are driving alone, though not jolting/tagtag like the old one. I much prefer the ride of the old monty... Is there anyway to tighten the road feedback?
    When you say bouncy,- more like a leafspring suspension, bro?

Parang nangangabayo???

_/_/_/

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yep, most evident along light bumps as what Vensong Quezon described. Parang nasa trampoline.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

When you say bouncy,- more like a leafspring suspension, bro?

Parang nangangabayo???

_/_/_/

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Yep, most evident along light bumps as what Vensong Quezon described. Parang nasa trampoline.
    In which case,- it might have been inspired by the Nissan Vanette bro...

To me, that is something that will be disturbing, indeed....

_/_/_/

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

In which case,- it might have been inspired by the Nissan Vanette bro...

To me, that is something that will be disturbing, indeed....

_/_/_/

The new Toyota avanza is as jittery and bouncy.

The folks at topgear, when they made the comparo didnt even mention this issue.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast