New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Hi does anyone here changed their shocks in the new Fort to have a more comfortable ride? I inquired with Atoy customs and they said better to change them with "NAM" brand or Bilstein brand. Thanks! I need you feedback on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddeeward View Post
    Hi does anyone here changed their shocks in the new Fort to have a more comfortable ride? I inquired with Atoy customs and they said better to change them with "NAM" brand or Bilstein brand. Thanks! I need you feedback on this.

I don't have the new Fort but I have a lot of experience with Bilsteins. All HD Bilsteins (the ones for pickups and suvs) are high pressure (relatively) gas charged and mono tube construction with digressive valving. This means small dips and bumps like rumble strips will feel harsh but deep and tall holes and bumps will be dismissed easily.

Koni Heavy Track is much better at balancing on and off road ride quality. That's what I'm using in my pickup now.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    I don't have the new Fort but I have a lot of experience with Bilsteins. All HD Bilsteins (the ones for pickups and suvs) are high pressure (relatively) gas charged and mono tube construction with digressive valving. This means small dips and bumps like rumble strips will feel harsh but deep and tall holes and bumps will be dismissed easily.

Koni Heavy Track is much better at balancing on and off road ride quality. That's what I'm using in my pickup now.
    Oic, Im just looking for that comfort feel during driving especially on roads with bumps. Any recommendations?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Malabo na yan kahit paitan mo ng shocks, strut yan eh. The most primitive of all suspension systems but the most dursble

Dapat naka wishbone and multilink self-adjusting sa rear ang suspension system

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last edited by StockEngine; September 4th, 2016 at 03:36 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Front is double wishbone setup. Paano naging strut ang mga ladderframe suvs?

Independent multilink sa rear also.

Also tagtag can be lessened with proper damping rates.
    Last edited by StockEngine; September 4th, 2016 at 03:38 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddeeward View Post

Have you tried adjusting your tire pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post

Bro meron bilstein comfort series diba? The hd series is for offroad ata. I was never able to double check this comfort series hirap basahin bilstein catalogue.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Have you tried adjusting your tire pressure?

Bro meron bilstein comfort series diba? The hd series is for offroad ata. I was never able to double check this comfort series hirap basahin bilstein catalogue.
    What should the tire pressure be?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    32psi when cold.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Experience ko sa 2016 Fort, Tarlac area yon. for kids, It's a fun ride parang trampoline hehe! lalo sa mga semintadong may mga hati hati.
    ok yan pag puno kayo pero kung 2 to 3 passengers? parang jeepney ang ride akala mo leaf spring 28psi front tapos sa rear 30psi.

magiimprove ang ride nyan pag lagyan nalang ng mga barbell.

pero kung ride comfort hanap mo dapat sana Innova nalang pinili mo.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast