New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hello everyone,

I have recently been given an old Toyota Fortuner 2006 model as a hand me down from my dad and for a long time now
    there has been a yearning to do some upgrade on it. My knowledge on cars is very shallow and this will be my first time upgrading anything, I would be grateful for any assistance.

Here are some of the things that need upgrading:

1.) Suspensions or Shocks: The main reason my dad gave it up, this car made driving painful. The rides were bumpy and the smallest humps. I read Old Man Emu is a good choice to upgrade. What version do I get and where can I buy and have this installed?

2.) In-Dash Car Stereo, I want to change this but I do not know the correct size for this, I plan to buy overseas or even locally. I am hoping to look for the following functions: GPS, Audio Jack, Bluetooth, Video Capabilities.

3.) Seat Covers: Leather? Vinyl? I heard Seatmate has good value and pricing for this. Does anyone know a good place to check?

4.) Alarm System: This bit is funny as hell, my dad bought a chinese alarm system, it speaks chinese everytime I get out of the car telling me to close the doors. I feel like I am being commanded by a chinese militant. Whats a good brand and features?

So far, these are the upgrades I can think of, budget wise I am willing to spend but I need to know what to buy first and estimate what I can afford.

Hoping for helpful answers! Thank you very much!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Hi, replace the following.
    1. Front spring - spring for fortuner model 2013 to 2015
    2. Rear spring - spring for an innova, it has a smaller diameter compare to a stock spring of fortuner
    3. Add 2" quicklift at on top of the rear spring once you replace it since innova spring is much shorter than the stock
    4. Sway bar - ultra racing brand at the rear

All these will give you a comfort ride

Sent from my E5663 using Tsikot Forums mobile app