New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by inov8 View Post
    *otep

maybe if i get a 2005/06 model i still can get one with milleage of around 60-70k.
    if that's the case i think it would take 3-4 years * 10k/year before maintenance issues surface.
    just in time to dispose it, am i right?

also my daily route is from las pinas to valenzuela (best to worst road conditions).
    so driving comfort is really important here as well as the ability to withstand the
    almost "off-road" conditions along the way.
    The Montero Sport has a better ride vs. the Fortuner. But if you want the Fort, there are quite a few suspension upgrade options that can improve the ride.

For piece of mind, the newer Fort should be easier to maintain since any casa can fix it as it is a current model. But if you want to get your hands dirty, the Prado is a good specimen. There are more parts for the LC Otep's referring to tho.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    around P35k daw new dash at TMP?
    Can't the famous leather upholsterers do something about it?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Can't the famous leather upholsterers do something about it?
    There's an LC120 thread here. Answer is, Yes, for half the P35K new dash. I think one forumer has gotten it done.

My only question is how the airbags will deploy once you've wrapped the dash in leather. Will they still deploy correctly? Will the upholsterers make the necessary unseen perforations to aid in the correct deployment?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by br733 View Post
    otep,

where do you bring your lc80 for repairs? or where do you get the parts ?

i think i might be looking for shock absorbers....
    I go to Dr. G's Car Clinic managed by GP Gamilla (son of the original Dr. G). It's in Selecta Drive near A. Bonifacio, Q.C. They are the local dealer of Ironman Brand Suspension.

If you want original, Celica Motors Araneta Avenue can have any part delivered to you. Most parts are in stock, less ordered parts about 3 days, and rare parts about a month. But they can get everything at prices that can beat the dealership and they use the same parts catalog system so the buying experience is painless and no more 'sample this sample that' guesswork.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hello doc otep, again i would like to say thank you very much for your advise while i was still deciding to get or not the 04 prado, which i eventually got it.
    I do really enjoy this suv as compared to my fortuner and pajero before., though it is a little bit older at 04, it really gives the comfort na gusto ku talaga. I usualy travel from Baguio to Tarlac every weekend.
    Wala po naman aku masyado gastos sa maintainance except nung mga change oils and the ATF.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jie11 View Post
    hello doc otep, again i would like to say thank you very much for your advise while i was still deciding to get or not the 04 prado, which i eventually got it.
    I do really enjoy this suv as compared to my fortuner and pajero before., though it is a little bit older at 04, it really gives the comfort na gusto ku talaga. I usualy travel from Baguio to Tarlac every weekend.
    Wala po naman aku masyado gastos sa maintainance except nung mga change oils and the ATF.
    Sir since previous Fort& Pajero owner ka (model?), could you elaborate more the comparison re;

Handling
    Riding comfort both driver & 2nd row passengers
    Cabin noise from engine & road
    Any issues with suspension or Kalampag?

TIA

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Sir since previous Fort& Pajero owner ka (model?), could you elaborate more the comparison re;

Handling
    Riding comfort both driver & 2nd row passengers
    Cabin noise from engine & road
    Any issues with suspension or Kalampag?

TIA
    sir, the best ciguro is for you to test drive both suv's for you to decide on which would best give you the comfort that fits your taste.. yun po cguro ang da best para matulungan po kau sa inyung decision.----
    For as long as the lc prado is properly maintained by the former owner, it won't give you any headache.
    accordingly, the new fortuner improved a lot especially on its suspension or kalampag issues.

Both SUV's are good though!!!

God bless po sa pagdecide nyu!!!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Sorry nalito ako. The 2.5 VNT is too old? But the '05 Prado isn't?

I'm biased. I have an '04 Prado and so I'll vote for it. Low end Torque is the 1KZ-TE's strong suit. Add to that a relatively older non-common rail engine, and u get something a bit easier to maintain. Ride is better, too. But make sure the dash of the unit u get is not plagued by cracks.

Fortuner 2.5VNT is newer and on paper more powerful, but I wonder how it'll feel in the real world.
    Ika nga eh, kahit ano mangyari Land Cruiser parin yan

Maari panalo siya sa brand new na Fortuner pero di natin masasabi kung kasing tibay ng Prado yan.

At kung kaya ibigay yung image ng "PRADO"

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You are welcome po. im glad you enjoy your ride. The Land Cruiser name plate is a flagship model for Toyota and when you take one apart, you can see how almost all mission critical components are built tougher or have back up systems. Mine has never left me stranded even when I encounter trouble on the unit. It has always gotten me to a safe location or home.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good move, Jie11. Been very happy with the Prado. Just not pleased with that dashboard cracking.

Oil changes every 5t kms and ATF changes every 40t kms should keep it happy.

If you want a bit softer ride pa, you can try getting Old Man Emu shocks. Have had them since 2005. Still doing fine. No need for springs naman.

How's your fuel consumption?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast