The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    August, releasing 4x2 diesel variant

me pila na sa reservation

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Toyota Thailand can no longer meet the Asean demand for the Fortuner... The waiting list in Thailand alone is over 3 months and their SUV market is way bigger than ours.

There is a big possibility that the 4x2 D4D Fortuner will be assembled locally at the TMPC plant in Sta. Rosa, Laguna, just so the local demand can be sated.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    wow how much ?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama yan, para umikli yung pila sa 4x4 na fortuner haha

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by marv0083
    wow how much ?
    Tsismis lang 'to ha... Some dealers say it's gonna be priced P1.25M... It's way below the Isuzu 4x2 Alterra price pa rin, if ever.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    whats the hp and torque rating? di kaya under powered yung 2.7 engine?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    If you will ever visit a Toyota Showroom one of these days in the hope of buying a Fortuner, bear in mind that the Toyota car dealer you will ever speak to, will most likely have an inner intention to rip you off. This is a natural phenomena especially on a hot launching product with 3 months waiting time. Sure, you can cut some pricey deals with your car sales agent just to shorten the waiting period (think of it like buying a ticket from a scalper so you don't have to fall in line). But then again, it's up to you to decide if the extra cash is worth the price of waiting.

I saw the Fortuner at the Toyota Showroom today and it looks pretty cool. Very masculine appearance from the outside. Maybe the closest comparison in terms of looks would be the latest model of the Mitsubishi Pajero.

Inside the Fortuner, it is roomy. Lots of ceiling. Ambient space. In fact, you can squeeze 4 people in the 2nd row without that sardine-can feeling. The 3rd row seat is surprisingly roomy compared to other SUVs. What i like about the 3rd row seat in the Fortuner is that you can actually recline it comfortably during long rides. The adjustable headrest while in a reclined position is comfortable enough that you really would not mind sitting on the 3rd row during a family outing. Not to mention that the 2nd aircon vent is right beside the 3rd row seat too! I can say that the Fortuner has one of the best 3rd row seats in the SUV class.

Many people have a dilemma whether to buy the P1.4 million diesel version or the P1.1 million gas version. For all practical purposes, you are concerned about how much you will pay for gas compared to diesel fuel, right? But come to think about the P300,000 difference?? What other things in life can you buy with P300,000???? Unless you plan to live in your Fortuner on a road trip for several years, don't waste too much time contemplating between the diesel and gas version. The P1.1 million gas-version Fortuner is worth it.

Overall Rating:

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    maybe, we would get the low end thailand version. 3.0 D4D, manual tranny, no roof rails, no rear spoilers, no multi info display (clock only), manual aircon, ...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    What other things in life can you buy with P300,000???? Unless you plan to live in your Fortuner on a road trip for several years, don't waste too much time contemplating between the diesel and gas version. The P1.1 million gas-version Fortuner is worth it.

Overall Rating:
    Just a question, have you been able to test drive the 2 variants already? I agree that the Gas version, although just 4x2, gives good bang for your buck, but I was wondering how the Gas version fares vs. the Diesel version going uphill under full loads. My closest comparison to how the Diesel version may feel is the current Prado (LC120), with less hp but just about the same torque. Climbing is not a problem.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29
    Just a question, have you been able to test drive the 2 variants already? I agree that the Gas version, although just 4x2, gives good bang for your buck, but I was wondering how the Gas version fares vs. the Diesel version going uphill under full loads. My closest comparison to how the Diesel version may feel is the current Prado (LC120), with less hp but just about the same torque. Climbing is not a problem.
    Very few people have actually done a test drive on the Fortuner in the Philippines. Those who did were only allowed to drive around the city. No uphill or stress test drives allowed "yet" either. Your best bet for info at this time are the auto-review websites from Thailand. You can snoop around in the internet. Toyota in the Philippines has already attracted a long line of buyers waiting, so i guess they will schedule another round of publicity campaign (perhaps taking the Fortuner off-road in the countryside) around August.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Toyota Fortuner 2.5L D4D 4X2 [Merged]