New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kung nasa US lang tayo.. $21k lang ang SRP ng FJ Cruiser. drat.

if it's prado-based how come the prado costs like 3X that?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    are you referring to this FJ cruiser?

used to have this as a daily driver back in the province, i actually learned to drive on this monster(with a field-type rotating grasscutter hitched to the back) on a grassy field.. para walang kalaban. This machine brought me from the house to the school(25kms away) at least twice a week. beleive it or not, hinahataw pa ng driver, umaabot ng 100kph. this was in the mid to late 90's by the way.

this was the company car, and nilaspag talaga ng mga gumagamit. I think the one we used had the 4x4 option but had it removed because i distinctly remember there being an empty socket right beside the shifter. A no frills machine that can get you anywhere and i do mean anywhere, we went 'offroading' everytime we'd go out of town or visit a farm. I just dont know how it will hold up to some serous offroading.

I was young then and had little interest in car maintenance, so i cannot help you with regards sa parts but I think the fact that it was around and used (even when we had the first gen patrol and the safari as service vehicles) is a testament to its reliability.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    chip thats the 55 series LC, imho the least attractive LC in LC's history...well isama mo na rin yung FJ cruiser

the best pa rin ang LC100

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    imho the least attractive LC in LC's history...well isama mo na rin yung FJ cruiser
    Looking at the fj cruiser photos, I didn't like it either. Plus the blue color sucks. But when I saw the fj live and sporting the silver and white roof combo; fell in love with it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    kung nasa US lang tayo.. $21k lang ang SRP ng FJ Cruiser. drat.

if it's prado-based how come the prado costs like 3X that?
    If you get the $21k base model, ang panget tignan nun fj. A lot are missing. It would be 2WD, no traction control and rear diff lock. No roof rack.

To get most out of the fj, you'd spend about $31k.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the correction kimpoy :D and yes i do think it was ugly, kaya rin cguro sya nilalaspag. hehe

i actually kinda like the fj cruiser you posted hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchael
    It's a retro-inspired serious offroader that was built against the jeep wrangler and Hummer H3. Some of its design cues were taken from the 60s and 70s Fj40. Prado provided the platform and was further modified.
    But not making 4wd standard equipment? A 2wd Land Cruiser is not something the LC lineage needs. And you have to spend big bucks to make it a serious off-roader. Something that LC's should be right out of the box.

Maybe they were also after sales and being 'hip'.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    And you have to spend big bucks to make it a serious off-roader. Something that LC's should be right out of the box.

Maybe they were also after sales and being 'hip'.

having all options at $31k is a small price compared to most luxury SUV serious offroaders. Most reviews cite this factor as pushing demand over supply for the fjs first year of projected sales.

Having 2WD as an option would boost sales yet again.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    mga peeps,
    nakaka badtrip ang mahal ng FJ cruiser na bago dito sa PI, man, considering its price tag back in the states is at level with honda CR-V and RAV4...tsk tsk gusto ko pa naman ang porma... and RAV4 din bakit nasa 1.8 million ang price niya eh pareho lang naman silang 20 gran+ ng CR-V sa states and FJ is about 1 gran higher lang ang base price compare to this 2 mid size SUV... man, bad trip.... 3.5Million Php 2007 FJ cruiser.... when you convert it USD 65gran...man, sa states na lang ako buy...bye... lugi ako sa tax...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe.
    thats how the system works here.
    and it sucks.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast