New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    TMP responds ... https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indu...e_featured_big

"“Toyota Industries Corporation, a company affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation, announced on Jan 29th 2024, that irregularities in horsepower output certification tests applicable to certain countries were found on three Toyota engine models. However, this issue does not affect any vehicle in the Philippines.

“As a reference, this matter relates to irregularities in the certification process based on national requirements in certain countries, but do not have any impact on horsepower, torque or other powertrain-related values. Additionally, these irregularities do not compromise the emissions or safety of their vehicles.

“We would like to reassure our customers by stating that we believe their vehicles are unaffected by these irregularities. We apologize for any confusion or concern this issue may have caused.”"

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ^That stastement is true but disingenuous. It's true only because the Philippines doesn't have the same high standards. Bottomline is they still cheated. It's time the government raise our standards to at least be at par with the rest of the world so we don't get to be a dumping ground.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cityfolk View Post
    I'm seeing a pattern here. Even the Daihatsu scandal is on models not sold in the US/EU. It's like Toyota is trying to cut corners in markets where they have the least exposure to being fined in the multi-billion$.
    THIS. I guess tsikoteers who refuse to buy made for asia or non US/EU models were right after all?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    THIS. I guess tsikoteers who refuse to buy made for asia or non US/EU models were right after all?

One criteria I have for buying a car is that the same model is also sold in its parent country i.e. KDM, JDM, EuDM, USDM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    One criteria I have for buying a car is that the same model is also sold in its parent country i.e. KDM, JDM, EuDM, USDM.
    Yes, that's also my ideal but I'm thinking of making an exception for the Fortuner for my next car purchase. I can't afford a rav4 naman kasi

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Yes, that's also my ideal but I'm thinking of making an exception for the Fortuner for my next car purchase. I can't afford a rav4 naman kasi

Well may hilux naman sa japan.

Hilux and fortuner are basically the same naman diba?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    You can get a Corolla Cross since its not a Daihatsu model

Probably made in Thailand

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sabi ang problema lang naman daw ay HP rating dahil sa software.

Yung innova ko naman 1GD engine. Nung sinalang sa Dyno, sakto naman ang power... 146whp. Kung sa engine dyno that should be around 171 hp. Sakto naman sa nakasulat aa brochure

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Sabi ang problema lang naman daw ay HP rating dahil sa software.

Yung innova ko naman 1GD engine. Nung sinalang sa Dyno, sakto naman ang power... 146whp. Kung sa engine dyno that should be around 171 hp. Sakto naman sa nakasulat aa brochure

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    They tampered the ECU to make prettier looking graphs according to TG

Sort of reminds me of some of the daihatsu cheats where they tampered the test report in a way that did not benefit them (e.g swapping the listed chemical used in the fuel tank integrity test)

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm shocked that Toyota did this. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Chinese company but Japanese???

Sent from my SM-M127F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Toyota Diesel Certification Issue for Engines 1GD, the 2GD, and the F33A