New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    mga sir.. plan to toyota corona matic.. worht it pa po ba? mahirap n po ba humanap ng pyesa nito sa panahon ngaun? hoping for your comments and suggestions po.. thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it's a toyota.. parts should be easier compared to the other brands.
    in a used car review done a decade ago, the writer mentioned the hi tension parts, which might not be as easy to source.
    also, would you be comfortable at 5-6 km/li? and that was in 2005 traffic...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    noted sir.. thanks for the comment.. haai hirap mghanap ng car ng low budget.. hehe.. thanks

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Why not get a corolla?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Why not get a corolla?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    oo nga naman! for the same budget as a corona exsior's, you can already get a half-decent corolla, sentra or altis, that would be cheaper and easier to maintain than a corona...
    Last edited by dr. d; March 19th, 2016 at 11:11 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your main concern will be finding a good unit.

In my case it was easy to maintain, had good space and the suspension is just right. It did not give us any headaches although I did spend to flush the AT system (dialysis) and overhaul the steering rack. Other then those, it just needed regular service and the like but this was a very low mileage, first owner unit when we bought it from an elderly lady.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Your main concern will be finding a good unit.

In my case it was easy to maintain, had good space and the suspension is just right. It did not give us any headaches although I did spend to flush the AT system (dialysis) and overhaul the steering rack. Other then those, it just needed regular service and the like but this was a very low mileage, first owner unit when we bought it from an elderly lady.
    oo nga... it's a 20 year old car!
    our fondest dream... finding an honestly low mileage gem, owned by a little old lady (little! the driver seat shows absolutely no sag at all!)....
    who drove it only on weekends... to the church...

which was on the way to the demolition derby!!!
    half the car's weight was due to body filler!
    nightmare!
    terrible joke!
    my apologies.... couldn't resist...
    Last edited by dr. d; March 19th, 2016 at 02:44 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    oo nga... it's a 20 year old car!
    our fondest dream... finding an honestly low mileage gem, owned by a little old lady (little! the driver seat shows absolutely no sag at all!)....
    who drove it only on weekends... to the church...

which was on the way to the demolition derby!!!
    half the car's weight was due to body filler!
    nightmare!
    terrible joke!
    my apologies.... couldn't resist...
    Driven by an elderly lady... Then when you pop the hood... Turbocharged. Haha.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    thanks sa mga suggestions guys.. samantalahin ko na.. how about po nissan exalta 2000 maftic trans as well.. pagtingin ko po muka nman syang okay.. 155k mileage..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by abel291988 View Post
    thanks sa mga suggestions guys.. samantalahin ko na.. how about po nissan exalta 2000 maftic trans as well.. pagtingin ko po muka nman syang okay.. 155k mileage..
    Personally, I'd get the 1997-1998 Corona Exsior over the Exalta. At that age you'll be doing the same repairs and maintenance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast