New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Good am mga tsikot masters,

My friend left me the above mentioned car, almost 20yrs old, matanda na. I had it changed the engine and transmission oils in one of the gasoline service station. I bought a 4L transmission oil pero sabi ng mechanic 3L lang daw ang dapat ilagay. Maybe hes right but i want to check it myself if the oil he put is enough. The problem is that we (me and the mechanic) cannot find any transmission dipstick and the mechanic said wala daw siyang nakita. So now, i have no idea how to check the fluid if ever its on the right level. Anyone of the masters here know how to check the fluid level of the above mentioned car? Maraming salamat po mga masters

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    m/t or a/t?

Pag m/t, AFAIK walang dipstick talaga. In the case of my 2007 Corolla, we only needed 2 litres. In the case of my 2012 Corolla, it needs 3 litres. Best to follow what's stated on the owner's manual.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Thanks vinj. M/T siya. The problem is my friend lost the copy of the manual and i tried looking the net but to no avail very unlucky. I would greatly appreciate if any of the tsikot masters here can share their manual? This time i will just assume that the capacity is 3L I dont know if this is enough. I fear that i might broke the transmission:cry::cry:

toyota corolla ae100 , transmission dipstick