New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I recently brought my 2002 Altis 1.8 because the ABS light in the panel is always on. Service said the ABS actuator gave in and also affected the ECU because there was an internal leak. I was advised that parts replacement would cost around Php113,000.! Wow, this much for an old car?
    Is anybody familiar with what happened to my Altis? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by manny5 View Post
    I recently brought my 2002 Altis 1.8 because the ABS light in the panel is always on. Service said the ABS actuator gave in and also affected the ECU because there was an internal leak. I was advised that parts replacement would cost around Php113,000.! Wow, this much for an old car?
    Is anybody familiar with what happened to my Altis? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks!

Affected the ECU? So does your car still runs or what?

If the rest of the car still runs, you can still use the car even if the ABS is not functional. It will just turn on the yellow warning light which you can ignore.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ... and maybe do a bypass so the check engine would not light up (if possible).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So much for Toyota parts being cheap.

But seriously... did they give you a breakdown of what's in all of that? Replacing the entire ECU costs less than that... ABS sensors shouldn't even cost a tenth of that amount.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So much for Toyota parts being cheap.

But seriously... did they give you a breakdown of what's in all of that? Replacing the entire ECU costs less than that... ABS sensors shouldn't even cost a tenth of that amount.

Given the price, the casa is replacing the entire ABS system on the corolla, from the sensors, wiring harness, actuators and to the ABS-computer.

Nothing different from how Honda casa handled by brother's overheating CRV. Practically recommended to replace everything, radiator, hoses, fans, water pump, thermostat, etc.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 6th, 2011 at 06:07 PM.