New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 548 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    My Initial Review of 11th Generation Altis

Variant: 1.6V

The Good:

I like the exterior. It's longer, wider and a bit lower than the 10th gen. Maluwag yung rear legroom. Longer wheelbase (100mm more that the 10th gen)

CVT is very responsive. For me, eto yung pinakasulit na upgrade. I can feel the 1ZR-FE's efficient power transfer to the wheels. Halos walang lag pag apak mo ng gas. Mejo nawala lang yung sporty feel of conventional trannys. Transmission has no shift shock at all, as expected in all CVT's. Suspension is a bit stiffer compared to 10th gen but still feels very comfortable. Body roll is reduced when accelerating, braking and cornering. Better handling than the 10th Gen. NVH is better than the 10th gen. Feels like a luxury car inside when cruising. Nice blue illumination of front panel, cup holders, glove compartment and under the dash. (YES, may blue legroom lights at the front) I also like the Gen 1 inspired center aircon vents. Additonal features are auto on headlights and rain-sensing wipers. I like the new MID.

The not so Good:

I don't like the beige interior. Although yung 2.0V all black interior pero mahal. No sideskirts on 1.6V variant. Pangit din nung tail pipe. (Meron naman muffler cutter available from casa). Audio is not good also. (But which stock sound system is?)

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    good job... Great review....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I believe the 2.0v is the only model that gets the 17" wheels also. The toyota Indonesia website shows the 1.6v with the same wheels as the 2.0v... Or is it just a badged model (e.g. Trd/limited)?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Got my Metallic Gray 1.6V Yesterday. no discount though hindi ko alam since puro G lang nakita ko may discounts dito sa thread. not sure kung meron sa V. pero called up several branches. wala daw. so Cash 999,000 + free 3M tints w/ full windshield + 28k AOG insurance outside CASA.

first impression.. The CVT is good and responsive. you can feel it working accelerating from a dead stop. it feels like the car is very light everytime you step on the pedal. it is great on the city. on the highways though you would feel the difference of the 1.6 specially when you are used to driving higher displacement vehicles. but it is no slouch. it gets the job done. 100kph cruises at around 1.8k RPM thanks to the CVT. one thing i have also noticed e. yung crawl nung CVT once you released the brake pedal from a dead stop on altis is slower than most A/T or CVT. it wont sometimes move on slightly inclined roads where other A/T or CVTs have no problem. A/C is cold as winter at night! I have mine set at lowest 28 deg and lowest fan speed ang lamig padin. no heater function on the climate control though.

I chose the V over the G for the extra features. aside from the all-wheel disc, the smart keyless entry is the one i find the most useful. have this feature on vehicles that i have been using but on the altis, it uses touch sensor rather than pressing a button on the door handle to lock/unlock. all you have to do is pull the door handle as if the door is unlocked. yes it is that fast. once you touched the handle it quickly unlocks. i also noticed earlier at mall parking as i approach the vehicle, the cabin light is lit once you are near the vehicle without doing anything. it senses that the key when it is at the range. the Rain sensing wipers triggered when the dust significantly accumulated on the winshield.haha. i lowered the sensitivity. I drove onto a long dusty road kasi.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    congrats sir! if the new altis were released at the same time as the new vios, I might had a hard time deciding on what to get hehe.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    nice review sir. congrats sa new car

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    to the 11th gen owners, can we say the the cvt has given life to the 1.6 engine? i've had my 10.5 gen for more than a year now and the conventional a/t really made it feel so pagong slow. on the 11th gen, ok na ba 1.6 with cvt for talagang for 2.0?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I would have to say yes to that sir. The CVT really gives justice to the 1ZR-FE engine. I had a 10th gen 3ZZ-FE engine with 4 speed conventional A/T. Very noticeable difference. Feels like I upgraded to a 1.8 engine. Or mabagal lang talaga siguro 10th gen. :-)

Any 10.5 gen owners out there who upgraded to 11th gen?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Kamusta kaya mga freebies, discounts and availability ng units ngayon. Thinking of getting a 1.6V or 2.0V pearl white.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    finally got to sit inside one, in the mall.
    spacious... but my right leg is bothered by the center radio console.. and the beige upholstery will be a nightmare to clean after the chocolate...
    but the rear row is an improvement for the gluteus and for the legs..