New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 76 of 357 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by silver V View Post
    and kamusta po ba reviews dun sa engine start/stop button ng 1.6V? Thanks
    The push-button ignition and keyless entry is a rather nifty feature. Lagpas 2 years na yung Altis namin and it still works fine. I did have to change the battery though, but it's a really easy task to do, bubuksan mo lang yung enclosure nung susi.

Though I must say, the engine start/stop button isn't really better than the traditional ignition that requires a key. Mas useful for me yung fact na hindi mo na kailangang maglabas ng susi to get in and out of the car. Sometimes, when carrying a lot of stuff, it can really be a hassle to get the key out of your bag. With the Altis though, you just press the button and you're off. Opening the trunk's made easier too, also with the press of a button.

Ultimately though, it's not a game-changing feature. It's a nifty touch, but it's not the main reason you get an Altis.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by silver V View Post
    and kamusta po ba reviews dun sa engine start/stop button ng 1.6V? Thanks
    The smart key has a lot of advantages. On my experience, the disadvantage is that whenever I use other cars without that funky button, I keep on looking for the button to turn the engine off. And sometimes, after turning off the engine with the key, I forget getting the key from the ignition and once outside the door, I kept on looking for that cute little black button to lock the doors =)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by loverlionus View Post
    Yung sa start-stop button, naging advantage para sakin e hindi mo maiiwan yung keys sa loob naka-lock at umaandar yung car. Sa dating sasakyan namin na regular keys, siguro may mga lagpas limang beses ako nakaiwan ng susi. 2 beses kailangan pa ako puntahan mula sa bahay dala ang spare key. 2 beses naman binasag pa talaga yung window para lang mabuksan.

Yung smart key kasi with start-stop button, nasa bulsa mo lang yung "key", tapos hindi magla-lock yung pinto kapag umaandar pa at mag-warning beep siya. 2 beses na nangyari sakin na iiwan ko na naman na umaandar yung engine (ang tahimik kasi), at ayaw mag-lock kaya nalaman ko na umaandar pa engine.

This added feature of the Altis is a big plus when you compare it to other sedans in its category.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Another feature sana they could have included for the 1.6V ay yung push-button to fold the side mirrors. But anyways I'm happy with this car naman so its all good. talagang i love this car...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    This added feature of the Altis is a big plus when you compare it to other sedans in its category.
    Honestly? NO.

A 5-speed auto (or anything other than the prehistoric 4-AT) is a bigger plus. Not only does it provide you better power delivery, it also allows for better fuel economy. A 2.0V Altis with CVT (facelifted) could do 10 km/l on mixed driving. Our 2.0V Altis with the 4-speed slushbox would do around 8 km/l given the same conditions. The CVT also allows you faster acceleration, if you measure in terms of 0-100 km/h times.

Also, in my case, the pre-facelifted Altis, an aux port and USB/iPod integration for the head unit would have been a more useful feature than the fancy push-button ignition.

Yes, it does set it apart, and that might be enough to sway buyers towards the Altis, but in terms of real-world functionality, going keyless isn't exactly what I'd consider a necessary feature, at least not compared to a better drivetrain.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hello sirs, anyone know where to go to buy or customize leather seat cover for the altis?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Thanks for your replies sirs,very much appreciated.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    How bad are the shortage for the Altis? Been trying to get one since Dec 2011, up to now no news yet from the dealer.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Phefitho View Post
    Hello sirs, anyone know where to go to buy or customize leather seat cover for the altis?
    My Dad's Altis was done by Luxe Car Seat in HK Sun Plaza, Macapagal ave. in the Roxas blvd area. Leather on the center portions only and vinyl for the rest, total of P 15k.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Talaga bang wala pang stock ang 1.6 Altis? Sabi kasi sa Toyota Shaw, baka by March pa daw darating stocks. Gusto ko sana makita in person yong Altis 1.6V.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]