New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Hi guys,
    After switching from civic fd to crv, I now have a camry 2008 2.4v. The car is good but I have a few problems... Maybe someone with similar
    experience can help me....

1) the suspension is very soft and soundless however at low speed and going over rough road, I hear a bogbogbog sound from drivers side underneath. I can also hear a single tuk tuk noise when I am turning and going uphill..

2) people who has lowered their camry, does it effect the ride? I love the comfort of the car and wouldn't want to change it...

3) there is a strong rattle from the drivers side seat control area.. Any anyone has this issue?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by szekan View Post
    Hi guys,
    After switching from civic fd to crv, I now have a camry 2008 2.4v. The car is good but I have a few problems... Maybe someone with similar
    experience can help me....

1) the suspension is very soft and soundless however at low speed and going over rough road, I hear a bogbogbog sound from drivers side underneath. I can also hear a single tuk tuk noise when I am turning and going uphill..

2) people who has lowered their camry, does it effect the ride? I love the comfort of the car and wouldn't want to change it...

3) there is a strong rattle from the drivers side seat control area.. Any anyone has this issue?
    1. Perhaps you can try replacing your shocks and stabilizer links.
    2. Never been a fan of lowering and don't have a Camry, so cannot comment much on this one. But generally, decrease in ride comfort due to lowering depends on the method. "Putol method" or lowering springs?
    3. What seat control area? The door? Or the seat mismo?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    1. Perhaps you can try replacing your shocks and stabilizer links.
    2. Never been a fan of lowering and don't have a Camry, so cannot comment much on this one. But generally, decrease in ride comfort due to lowering depends on the method. "Putol method" or lowering springs?
    3. What seat control area? The door? Or the seat mismo?

HI,
    This is turning out to be a mission.... So I put new rear shockers kyb. New stablink. New sway bar bushings and checked each and every component of the rear suspension. After test driver, the noise is still there... It's like when you go over humps, you can hear a "dukkk" sound from passage rear side. And on rough roads, this sound becomes contineous.... In the past I have had this sort of noise from the front due to faulty rack and pinion but obviously there is no RnP at the rear.....
    My mechanic said he has checked everything but can't find any fault....

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    HI,
    This is turning out to be a mission.... So I put new rear shockers kyb. New stablink. New sway bar bushings and checked each and every component of the rear suspension. After test driver, the noise is still there... It's like when you go over humps, you can hear a "dukkk" sound from passage rear side. And on rough roads, this sound becomes contineous.... In the past I have had this sort of noise from the front due to faulty rack and pinion but obviously there is no RnP at the rear.....
    Pero wala na yung tunog sa harap?

Going through humps you say? Have you tried the bump stops?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i would check the rubber bushings.

i would also check the tambutso mountings.
    it might be the exhaust pipe we are hearing.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    This is one or a combination of the following:
    1. Shock Absorber
    2. Shock Absorber Mounting
    3. Engine Mount
    4. Transmission Mount
    5. Stabilizer Link is possible but unlikely
    6. Control Arm bushing
    7. Tie Rod/Rack End

Edit: Failed to read thread. Redundant post na hehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    After replacing the under chassis bits and suspension parts ... It might just be a loose tool bag, jack, or handle ...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    HI,
    I used to have a Camry 2.4V, had knocking sound from the rear suspension, turned out to be a bad shock mount.

That Camry’s suspension is very soft...comfortable but tends to bottom out. Used to keep hitting the front chin on parking stops and floor pan going over humps. Personally, I would put firmer shocks rather than lower the car as the stance is already quite low. But that’s just me.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Guys been to 5 mechanic but no one can find the problem.
    Today 1 mechanic has seems to find the problem but I still want to double check.... Could this be the problem??? Or is it suppose to be like that to give some movement ability?

Camry 2008 lower arm bushing movement - YouTube

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Guys been to 5 mechanic but no one can find the problem.
    Today 1 mechanic has seems to find the problem but I still want to double check.... Could this be the problem??? Or is it suppose to be like that to give some movement ability?

Camry 2008 lower arm bushing movement - YouTube
    it is usually easy.
    have the car lifted via its body, such that the suspension hangs.
    then shake the various components with your hands, and screwdriver-wedge everything, just like in the video.
    as diehard suggests, check the shock mounts. shake the shock and see if it is loose and/or makes a noise. it should not be loose, nor should it make a noise.
    try it yourself, sir. there's nothing like getting one's hands dirty.
    good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast