New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Will this vehicle make it in PH roads? it's smaller than the Avanza, BTW.

Toyota continues to expand its MPV lineup after the automaker recently revealed the all-new Calya ahead of its debut at the 2016 Gaikindo International Auto Show (GIIAS). It is the company's latest Low Cost Green Car (LCGC) in Indonesia and features styling cues from both the Wigo and new-generation Innova. In addition, it also has seating for seven and a 1.2-liter inline-four that drives the front wheels.

Starting with the exterior design, the Calya's front fascia features a large upper chrome grill that is flanked by fender-wrapped headlights. Also present are Innova-inspired lower black grill and circular foglight with satin silver accents.

Over to the side, more styling cues from the 2016 Innova are seen, particularly the kink on the third-row window and rear quarter panels. All variants roll on 14-inch two-tone alloy wheels wrapped in 175/65 Bridgestone Ecopia tires. At the back, the L-shaped taillights, wide rear glass and thick chrome garnish on the tailgate further denote styling cues from the Innova. Topping it all off is a tailgate-mounted spoiler, rear lip spoiler and bee-sting antenna.

Compared to the body-on-frame Avanza, the unibody Calya measures 4,070mm long (-120mm), 1,655mm wide (+5mm) and 1,600mm tall (-95mm). It also has a 2,525mm wheelbase which is 130mm shorter than the Avanza. Moreover, the front axle sits on MacPherson struts while the rear axle gets torsion axle beams.

Inside, both E and G variants of the Calya get fabric seats, manual air-conditioning, power windows, multi-information display, one touch tumble down 60:40 split-folding seats and bench-type third row seating. Both model variants even have a 2-DIN multimedia system that supports AM/FM radio, CD, USB and Aux. The G variant however sports several extras like Bluetooth connectivity and four speakers.

Other exclusive amenities on the G models are the following: front foglights, electronic folding side mirrors, silver accents on the door and dashboard and chrome accents on the aircon vents and gear knob.

Under the hood, the Calya is driven by a 3NR 1.2-liter DOHC inline-four with Dual VVT-i. It delivers 88 PS at 6,000 rpm along with 108 Nm of torque at 4,200 rpm to the front wheels. Available transmissions include a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic gearbox.

In terms of safety, both G and E variants come with a wide array of equipment including: dual front SRS airbags and ISOFIX child seat anchors. It also has anti-lock brakes which come as standard on all G variants as well as the E automatic. The E manual does not have it however.

Source

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    1.2l carrying 7 persons?
    Gapang yan.

Sent from my Z410 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ba't ba sobrang sensitive ang Toyota sa product line ng Honda. Hindi Mobilio kalaban nyo kungdi Ecosport

Ecosport remains unchallenged, helo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Ba't ba sobrang sensitive ang Toyota sa product line ng Honda. Hindi Mobilio kalaban nyo kungdi Ecosport

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    how do we know what toyota is thinking?
    besides, it pays to keep an eye on the competition.

as i remember, the philippine wigo came out earlier than the philippine brio.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 10th, 2016 at 08:50 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    1.2l carrying 7 persons?
    Gapang yan.

Well its possible, if kaya ng 600cc na multicab, why not a 1.2L engine...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    1.2l carrying 7 persons?
    Gapang yan.

well, as MR_BIG18 said, ask those jeepney drivers plying the Buendia-MOA route. up to 18 ang kayang dalhin (pero on paved road nga lang) ng multicab jeep. yung Calya pa kaya?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    They have the Rush (Daihatsu Terios) although not available locally...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Those jeepney drivers (multicab moa buendia route) doesn't need to go up on a hill and they have no AC to suck the engines precious resources.

Well, if you plan your routes very well and stay on a 0 gradient route, no sweat ang 1.2 engine ng calya carrying 7 people.

Di ko naman sinabi na di kaya. Sabi ko lang na gapang sya. 😃

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    AKA Daihatsu Sigra

Photos looks good... I wonder how will they tune the engine to make the driver's happy...

I hope sales people will sell these cars "honestly"

It's a City Car and "sales people" should inform buyers on what the car can and cannot do...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    AKA Daihatsu Sigra

Photos looks good... I wonder how will they tune the engine to make the driver's happy...

I hope sales people will sell these cars "honestly"

It's a City Car and "sales people" should inform buyers on what the car can and cannot do...
    Sir, the target market are not in for the performance

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast