New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The engines aren't the same as in the Vios. They're a different engine series. But with nearly the same output, one wonders why they didn't just develop a new tranny so they could just mount the Vios engine sideways...

I suppose some people will be a bit disappointed that the Avanza isn't much cheaper than the Innova (50k difference only...) but it's a lot of car for the money.

Are those prices firm? How much is the taxi special, kaya?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rdecruze View Post
    Good replacement sana ito sa Tamaraw/Revo Taxi kaya lang gasoline!!
    May mga shuttle/taxi naman na gas.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Are those prices firm? How much is the taxi special, kaya?
    You mean naglalabas sila ng units designed/set-up for taxi use? (e.g. meter, top light etc..)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not sure whether they're the ones installing or the taxi companies are, but rumor is, the first batch is all sold out to taxi companies.

Whatever price they're paying, it's obviously lower... if it's around 500k only, even if the vehicle is a 1.3 with manual windows and no stereo... I'd definitely hit it...

Tapos makikita niyo ako sa Subic sa mga drifting events... turbocharged 1.3, lowered, staggered tires, giving drift-rides to six passengers at a time... Bwahahaha!!!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I suppose some people will be a bit disappointed that the Avanza isn't much cheaper than the Innova (50k difference only...) but it's a lot of car for the money.
    this early, toyota looks like it will milk it for all its worth.. baka naman mamya may leather seats and other upgrades "special" din ang mga dealers to milk the customers of more cash

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    highly doubt that those add-on like leathers/dvd's etc. (like what happened to the Fortuner) will be applied here. at more than 800k, this car is not a good buy anymore. ang strong point lang nito eh affordable. mahal na nga entry level nya eh, sa ibang bansa 500K+ lang.

Toyota is really counting on the market reaction talaga. back in the motorshow, I overhead people telling toyota salesgirls na: bakit ngaun lang nilabas ito? Bibili kumpanya ko ng 100 neto! november pa? bilisan nyo naman! those words lalo palakpak tenga mga Toyota people.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    huh 800k for an Asean-only Toyota Avanza?

Pag nag presyo ang Toyota ngayon presyong Ginto.... Super Grandia daw 1.7m??? Tsk tsk

dapat i-boycott na ang Toyota products at bumili ng Hyundai!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    [quote=oldblue;653988]highly doubt that those add-on like leathers/dvd's etc. (like what happened to the Fortuner) will be applied here. at more than 800k, this car is not a good buy anymore. ang strong point lang nito eh affordable. mahal na nga entry level nya eh, sa ibang bansa 500K+ lang.
    quote]

if the prices above prove to be true then medyo on the high side na ang avanza. konti nalang Innova J territory na eh. yun pa naman ang main attraction nya dapat, affordability.

i wonder what kind of deals the fleet users are getting.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Are you sure about the prices? I was at world of toyota this morning. Test drove all the cars. Asked sales rep ng Toyota QA ablut Avanza prices. He said no price yet. But they are taking reservations.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    609K for an Avanza 1.3J? Thats expensive for a bare/base unit.

We recently bought our parents a brand new Suzuki APV 1.6 GL M/T for only 607K and the unit has bigger space ( a real 8 seater vs. a pretentious 7 seater), more and better features than the base Avanza. In fact, I assume that the APV GL M/T is comparable to 750K Avanza 1.5G M/T. As such, Thats a savings of 143K!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT lang. GL is yung top line ng M/T diba? Ano po ba designation nung mas bare na unit?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota Avanza Prices