New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013

I wonder if Toyota PH will release this locally. In fairness to Toyota Ind, medyo madami dami naman talagang "modified" Avanza sa kanila, so why not release a "GR" variant.

Even the Toyota Avanza has received the GR treatment | TopGear PH

Up front you’ll notice a new bumper, grille, and spoiler, as well as a neat new GR badge. The same treatment is applied for the rear, and the additions provide the vehicle with a relatively sportier appearance overall.

Other upgrades include new black alloy wheels and blacked-out side mirror housings. The dark theme is carried over inside, too, where you’ll find stealthy fabrics with red contrast stitching on the door panels and seats.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Hmm. I don't know. Putting the GR badge everywhere seems like it has a diluting effect. Similar to the TRD, where I see taxis and even non-Toyotas have it attached on the rear. Makes me chuckle and cringe everytime I see one.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Because GR (Gazoo Racing) is the new TRD.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I have nothing against putting the GR Badge everywhere.

pero sana, kahit konting mod naman sa car (like the Vios GR-S getting a new CVT, tapos technically, yung higher end Vios has all-disc)

sana manlang, new brakes & suspension (easy fix) o kaya headers + air filter (stage 1 kuwari) OR tune manlang nila yung engine to produce more HP sa end ng RPM range

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I have nothing against putting the GR Badge everywhere.

pero sana, kahit konting mod naman sa car (like the Vios GR-S getting a new CVT, tapos technically, yung higher end Vios has all-disc)

sana manlang, new brakes & suspension (easy fix) o kaya headers + air filter (stage 1 kuwari) OR tune manlang nila yung engine to produce more HP sa end ng RPM range
    I think they could have used the touring sports moniker for visual-only mods and the GR-S for those that include suspension/brake mods. Introducing the GR-limited for visual-only tweaks seems to be a bit too much.

I could probably sorta forgive trying to channel the GR hype into selling untweaked cars if GR actually raced one in some form.

Toyota Avanza GR