New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1.3L 7 seater.....bagay na bagay ito sa pinas..sana dumating..kasi ang Thai meron na..heheheh

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1.3L...di kaya hirap iyan kapag ang sakay eh: chieffy, ungas, glennster, pajerokid, baiskee, 323f, at ghosthunter?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    what i heard is that they are choosing between the Avanza, Echo 5dr (again) and the Scion. MOst likely the Avanza will make it here kasi its very cheap. The Avanza is also featured in the AutoCar nov issue.

I like the Scion kaya lang if its going to be imported CBU from Japan, it will be expensive, same with the Echo if they will relaunch it here.

As for the engine, onga! 1.3 is quite weak. Pasakayin mo ba naman sila happy_gilmore, chieffy, ungas, glennster, pajerokid, baiskee, 323f, at ghosthunter? nyahahhaa!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    The Avanza is an entirely new model and was developed specifically for the ASEAN region, according to its Chief Engineer, Kaoru Hosokawa. There is no equivalent model sold outside ASEAN although an identical version is also sold with a Daihatsu badge in Indonesia (Daihatsu is part of the Toyota Group).Power for the Avanza comes from a 1.3-litre engine with the designation ‘K3-VE’ and if you know engines, you will know that this code is the same as the Perodua Kembara DVVT’s engine. Sharing engines is one way to lower costs but for the Avanza, the engine management program has been altered to provide different characteristics more suited for a MPV. The Avanza’s engine produces 89 ps and 120 Nm of torque, values which are higher than the Kembara’s engine. However, what is more significant is that the engine has VVT-i – variable valve timing with intelligence – which boosts output to a level comparable to conventional 1.5-litre engines. VVT-i also broadens the powerband, providing a greater degree of flexibility and also improves fuel efficiency.
    http://www.newsabahtimes.com.my/Octo...0/leisure1.htm
    http://www.avanza.com.my/index.asp?f...icationen.auto
    Last edited by jeff; November 19th, 2004 at 03:05 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That has got to be one of the cheapest looking interior to come from Toyota in recent history.

Though the vehicle itself should make for a practical runabout.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang nde ko gusto interior nya, parang nde gawang toyota

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ok yan...
    matipid sa gas!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    balita daw papalitan na yung revo ah, dahil masyado na mahal ang taxes ng AUVs, so nagiisip na ng alternative ang toyota na maglabas uli ng affordable na light commercial vehicle, di kaya eto na ang kapalit nun?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    mukhang under power yan ah tska hindi ko type yung itsura parang pumayat ng Revo..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Toyota Avanza