New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    50
    #1
    Hello... recently, I went to a car aircon cleaning service. To be able to complete the cleaning process, they have to pull off the whole dashboard. When they are finished cleaning, they were able to successfully put everything back but except for one screw in the odometer, they told me there was no screw before when they open it. I don't wanna argue with them because I also don't have any evidence if they misplaced, lost the screw or it was not really there.

    My question is, where I can buy a screw/binder replacement(whatever it is called) of my car's odometer? When I am driving my car, there is an irritating noise near the odometer since it was not clipped.

    My car is a Toyota Altis 1.6G 2003 year model. Any help will be very much appreciated.

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,024
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by konichiwa888 View Post
    Hello... recently, I went to a car aircon cleaning service. To be able to complete the cleaning process, they have to pull off the whole dashboard. When they are finished cleaning, they were able to successfully put everything back but except for one screw in the odometer, they told me there was no screw before when they open it. I don't wanna argue with them because I also don't have any evidence if they misplaced, lost the screw or it was not really there.

    My question is, where I can buy a screw/binder replacement(whatever it is called) of my car's odometer? When I am driving my car, there is an irritating noise near the odometer since it was not clipped.

    My car is a Toyota Altis 1.6G 2003 year model. Any help will be very much appreciated.
    try the casa, po. their computerized parts identifiction system is great.
    if they don't have any,...
    try the second hand (cathay/katay) centers in banawe or evangelista.
    be prepared to pay thru the nose, as these guys know you're going to them because you can't get the part you need anywhere else.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,051
    #3
    Try screwtech, google na lang which one is nearest you

  4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,196
    #4
    Casa will give you the correct part/ size.

    If you are diligent scrimping some bucks, then search for the part number and you may be lucky finding the size specs from the supplier.

    Another option is to get a sample by removing the screw next to it then check for equivalent at local screw shop like Tosuy, Wilmar.

    Most of the times an old screw laying on your toolbox garage could be a substitute and do just fine anyways no one would notice since its under the dash, and its free.

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    329
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by konichiwa888 View Post

    My question is, where I can buy a screw/binder replacement(whatever it is called) of my car's odometer? When I am driving my car, there is an irritating noise near the odometer since it was not clipped.



    The screw at the top is p/n:93568-55018 or (5891012820B0; 9016845005; 9356755018; 93568-55018; 9356815018)
    The spring/washer that goes with it: 90183-05033
    The two clips at the bottom: 55345-12060

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,115
    #6
    Yung metal na kinakapitan ng screw.. pwede kayo humingi sa mga audio shops.. dami sila nung kasama sa mga replacement speakers na screw tap..

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    50
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post


    The screw at the top is p/n:93568-55018 or (5891012820B0; 9016845005; 9356755018; 93568-55018; 9356815018)
    The spring/washer that goes with it: 90183-05033
    The two clips at the bottom: 55345-12060

    Thank you for the very informative posts. Will try to look for these parts in screw shops like TO SUY.

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    50
    #8
    Thank you for the information. Really appreciate it. Will first try TO SUY, then if wala, will try casa if they have available parts. Will keep you guys updated if nakahanap ako. Thanks.

  9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    318
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post


    The screw at the top is p/n:93568-55018 or (5891012820B0; 9016845005; 9356755018; 93568-55018; 9356815018)
    The spring/washer that goes with it: 90183-05033
    The two clips at the bottom: 55345-12060
    Mahusay! Magaling! Salamat!

  10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    329
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by konichiwa888 View Post
    Thank you for the information. Really appreciate it. Will first try TO SUY, then if wala, will try casa if they have available parts. Will keep you guys updated if nakahanap ako. Thanks.
    maybe the local hardware can match an appropriate screw from a photo?could save a few bucks that way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Toyota Altis 2003 Model (Where to buy screw of the odometer?)