New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    may mahahanap pa po kaya akong RWD version ng either Silver top or black top planning to replace my toyota 12t engine sa owner, and asa magkano po kaya and kung kayo po tatanungin anu po dapat kung kunin na makina
    4age 20v or SR20DET weekend lang po ang gamitan ng auto and minsan pang long distance, and kung may i susuggest po pa kayo na engine basta po halos magsing laki lang and kasing presyo

thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ano ? 4AGE ST/BT at SR20DET ang pinagpipilian mo ?

Ang 4AGE, Toyota.
    Ang SR20DET, Nissan.

Ano ba talaga ?

And ang alam ko walang 4WD 4WD sa makina. Nasa kotse yun. Ang meron sa BT, 6-speed tranny.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Ang 4AGE, Toyota.
    Ang SR20DET, Nissan.

Ano ba talaga ?

And ang alam ko walang 4WD 4WD sa makina. Nasa kotse yun. Ang meron sa BT, 6-speed tranny.
    sir either blacktop or silvertop ang 4age
    and pinagpipilian ko ngayon is 4age 20v(ST/BT) or SR20DET
    and sa owner ko po ikakabit yung makina kaya RWD po ang hanap ko

thanks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jctapit13 View Post
    sir either blacktop or silvertop ang 4age
    and pinagpipilian ko ngayon is 4age 20v(ST/BT) or SR20DET
    and sa owner ko po ikakabit yung makina kaya RWD po ang hanap ko

thanks
    Alam ko kung ano yung ST at BT. I have knowledge on those engines, at least even a little.

Problem is, why are you choosing between two kind of engines that's made by two different car makes ? The 4AGE engines ( Highhorse, Silvertop & Blacktop ) are made by Toyota while the SR20DET engine is made by Nissan.

Now, if you're gonna slap it in a Toyota car then obviously your engine should be as well a Toyota as this will have less modifications & problems since it's FIT for the car.

Putting a Nissan engine on a Toyota car is simply a stupid idea though not impossible to do - an AE86 in one country is equipped with a Nissan engine. -- Stupid since most of the components wont be compatible.

So if you're gonna choose an engine for your Toyota car it should be as well made by Toyota.

Take off the SR20DET from your list, and choose between the Blacktop and Silvertop

And don't look for RWD,AWD etc. etc. engines, rather look at RWD vehicles.

The 4AGE can be slapped in any AE Corollas even on vioses, may it be FWD or RWD.

The AE92's, AE101's & AE111's are FWD alike. While the AE86's are Rear wheel driven vehicles. It works on any cars.

If you want a drift car ( since you're looking at a RWD vehicle ) then by all means stay away from Toyota since the choices for a RWD vehicle is not that widespread or let's say ... plenty. If you could get hold of an AE86 Corolla, then, good. But it will cost you a lot ... again, ... a LOT of money to have one. Current prices nowadays plays around 700-800k per unit.

Go with Nissan. Get their A31 Cefiros, much cheaper. And can be slapped with the SR20DET that you like. If you have the budget, then get a fresh Silvia. It's even better. But then again, it's expensive.

Going back, between the two Toyota engines. Silvertop & Blacktop, i'd pick the latter. It makes 163 horses vs. the 158 horses of the silvertop. It's also a refined version of the ST. It's just a little bit expensive though. A swap could probably set you back at around 60-70k while the ST can just cost you around 40-50k depends on the installer. However, the blacktop sometimes come with a 6-speed transmission while the ST only comes with either five or four ( for old AE92's )

Set your preferences, budget & future mods. With this, you will be able to pick the engine that is best for you.

And oh, also pick your project car.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    may mahahanap pa po kaya akong RWD version ng either Silver top or black top planning to replace my toyota 12t engine sa owner, and asa magkano po kaya and kung kayo po tatanungin anu po dapat kung kunin na makina
    4age 20v or SR20DET weekend lang po ang gamitan ng auto and minsan pang long distance, and kung may i susuggest po pa kayo na engine basta po halos magsing laki lang and kasing presyo

thanks
    dude, eto sa auto parts on-line (APOL) sa roosevelt Q.C. may 4age black top na binebenta dun, 6-speed, may kasama suspension pati tranny, check mo na lang website nila eto..

www.facebook.com/apol.parts

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011

Ang 4AGE, Toyota.
    Ang SR20DET, Nissan.

Ano ba talaga ?

Alam ko kung ano yung ST at BT. I have knowledge on those engines, at least even a little.

Problem is, why are you choosing between two kind of engines that's made by two different car makes ? The 4AGE engines ( Highhorse, Silvertop & Blacktop ) are made by Toyota while the SR20DET engine is made by Nissan.

Now, if you're gonna slap it in a Toyota car then obviously your engine should be as well a Toyota as this will have less modifications & problems since it's FIT for the car.

Putting a Nissan engine on a Toyota car is simply a stupid idea though not impossible to do - an AE86 in one country is equipped with a Nissan engine. -- Stupid since most of the components wont be compatible.

So if you're gonna choose an engine for your Toyota car it should be as well made by Toyota.

Take off the SR20DET from your list, and choose between the Blacktop and Silvertop

And don't look for RWD,AWD etc. etc. engines, rather look at RWD vehicles.

The 4AGE can be slapped in any AE Corollas even on vioses, may it be FWD or RWD.

The AE92's, AE101's & AE111's are FWD alike. While the AE86's are Rear wheel driven vehicles. It works on any cars.

If you want a drift car ( since you're looking at a RWD vehicle ) then by all means stay away from Toyota since the choices for a RWD vehicle is not that widespread or let's say ... plenty. If you could get hold of an AE86 Corolla, then, good. But it will cost you a lot ... again, ... a LOT of money to have one. Current prices nowadays plays around 700-800k per unit.

Go with Nissan. Get their A31 Cefiros, much cheaper. And can be slapped with the SR20DET that you like. If you have the budget, then get a fresh Silvia. It's even better. But then again, it's expensive.

Going back, between the two Toyota engines. Silvertop & Blacktop, i'd pick the latter. It makes 163 horses vs. the 158 horses of the silvertop. It's also a refined version of the ST. It's just a little bit expensive though. A swap could probably set you back at around 60-70k while the ST can just cost you around 40-50k depends on the installer. However, the blacktop sometimes come with a 6-speed transmission while the ST only comes with either five or four ( for old AE92's )

Set your preferences, budget & future mods. With this, you will be able to pick the engine that is best for you.

And oh, also pick your project car.

sir Owner type jeep po ang paglalagyan ng makina kaya either both of them, and also i wanna know their pros and cons and wala po akong budget sa SR20det na galing sa sylvia hehe 100k+ po ang presyo nila
    either sr20det with t25 turbo or 4age 20v (BT/ST) lang currently asa list ng pinagpipilian kong RWD na engine

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    dude, eto sa auto parts on-line (APOL) sa roosevelt Q.C. may 4age black top na binebenta dun, 6-speed, may kasama suspension pati tranny, check mo na lang website nila eto..

www.facebook.com/apol.parts

thanks sir kung asa near 100k rin to baka mag sr20det na lang ako na stock
    kasi kung 4age ang kukunin ko i momod ko siya ng slight
    palit ng kevlar timing belt, cam gear and k&n filter

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    sir Owner type jeep po ang paglalagyan ng makina kaya either both of them, and also i wanna know their pros and cons and wala po akong budget sa SR20det na galing sa sylvia hehe 100k+ po ang presyo nila
    either sr20det with t25 turbo or 4age 20v (BT/ST) lang currently asa list ng pinagpipilian kong RWD na engine
    Ah diyos ko. :hysterical:

Akala ko naman sa toyota ilalagay. Pina-type mo pa ako ng ganun kahaba ! Hahahaha.

Kung sa oner, dun na ko SR20DET

*zap.FREEDOM : kung engine lang yan, dapat hindi yan umabot ng 70k or 100k

Mura lang ang engine mismo, yung wiring, compressor and other parts ang mahal. If I'm not mistaken nasa 40k lang ang engine itself

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Ah diyos ko. :hysterical:

Akala ko naman sa toyota ilalagay. Pina-type mo pa ako ng ganun kahaba ! Hahahaha.

Kung sa oner, dun na ko SR20DET

*zap.FREEDOM : kung engine lang yan, dapat hindi yan umabot ng 70k or 100k

Mura lang ang engine mismo, yung wiring, compressor and other parts ang mahal. If I'm not mistaken nasa 40k lang ang engine itself
    hehe sinabi ko na from my 1st post ko pa hahaha

anyways 65k ang SR20DET na napagtanungan ko sa may amin
    tapos wala pa akong mahanap na 4age na RWD along evangelista
    and im really in love with 4age hehehe ganda kasi ng tunog ng makina
    lalo na pag high rpm kaya priority ko ang 4age na 20v RWD pero kung wala SR20DET na lang talaga

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hehe sinabi ko na from my 1st post ko pa hahaha

anyways 65k ang SR20DET na napagtanungan ko sa may amin
    tapos wala pa akong mahanap na 4age na RWD along evangelista
    and im really in love with 4age hehehe ganda kasi ng tunog ng makina
    lalo na pag high rpm kaya priority ko ang 4age na 20v RWD pero kung wala SR20DET na lang talaga

Owner ! Langya akala ko may-ari ! :hysterical:

Wala yatang 4AGE RWD. 4AGE lang, tapos yung kotse ang RWD. Try mo sa Initial D sa may evang., usually may BT sila. Quote nila saakin, 50k. All in, wala pang swap ng current engine

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Toyota 4AGE 20v RWD