New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sir Ponzi and Sir Yummy do you guys think the 4D56TI will match with my Hilux differential?Is the exhaust pipe upgrade applicable to the 4D56TI?Like using a 2.5inch or 3 inch exhaust?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just to give an idea:

The (diff) axle ratio of the local Pajero with 4d56TDI and 5MT is 5.90. The set up is optimized for 31" tires and can take up to a 33" tires without having to regear the diff. I'm not sure what axle ratio you have on your diff and what tranny you are planning to run with the 4d56. But in stock form, that is how it was set up.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Had experience with Prado LC75 with 2LTE engines before. Our company had two of them, one manual another automatic.

Both vehicles performs very well. We use the vehicles on daily runs up and down mountains with rugged, unpaved and very steep roads often with full loads of up to 8 persons.

Personally I liked the automatic over the manual. Walang pagod climbing uphill and walang bitin. You just have to step on the gas and the transmission will do all the gearshifting work. On the highway, I also liked the OD switch. You can really feel the power when the turbo kicks in at around 60 kph. The matic unit has been working everyday with mostly only minor repairs.

The other unit, the manual, was very nice at first. This one had lots of problems but the biggest problem was the dreaded overheat. We cracked two cylinder heads. It was a real pain to repair until we finally decided to change the whole engine. Some say the 2Lte engine is really prone to overheat. Our mechanic pointed out that the 2LTE cylinder head has only 6 holes for the cooling water unlike the 3LT cylinder head which has 8 holes. We also had problems with the ECU which we were never able to really solve.

Overall, I would say that the 2LTE engine is a good engine until it develops the dreaded overheating problem and you have problems with the ECU.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sir otep lets say it has the same differential of the Toyota Hilux?Will it match?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    which is superior between the 2LT or the 4D56TI?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    2LT overheating is not a myth, my family business sells used vehicles subic and local. the most # of vehicle that had overheating problems is the Subic Surf 2LT.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowjip
    which is superior between the 2LT or the 4D56TI?
    between a 2LT Hi-Lux Surf and 4D56TI Pajero, I think mas malakas ang sipa ng Hi-Lux Surf from a standing start. but for climbing high up hills, mas confident ako sa Pajero.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sir Rion how about the Prados with the 2LT? Some say the problem with the surf is the tight engine compartment.Do you think this might also contribute?

dont worry kung masikip magdukot sa surf, kasi sadyang pagka galing sa japan, siksik ang makina, parang ung former delica at liteace ko...

most jdm talagan ganyan..ngayon prob mo nalang is kung magkakasya yan sa compartment mo....na may space ka pa...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjip
    Sir Rion how about the Prados with the 2LT? Some say the problem with the surf is the tight engine compartment.Do you think this might also contribute?
    di ko po alam, di kasi ako mekaniko eh, tanong ko muna bukas. peru unahin mo nalang siguro kung magkasya ba yan like alwayz_yummy said.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Naku sir yummy nung sinukat ko engine space ng wrangler ko kasya ang isuzu 4BE1..So intercooler will also be an option if i put a 2LT in my jeep.Parang gusto ko din kabitan ng 4x4.Naiinggit ako pag nakakakita ako ng 4x4 na wrangler eh at gusto ko rin mag light off roading..Love ko kasi style ng wrangler simple yet efficient..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Toyota 2LT overheating myth