New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lymar07 View Post
    and one thing is for sure, no one in the dealership will ever tell you whether the unit was flooded or not. i have learned that no one in car dealerships are completely honest and trustworthy....otherwise, they'd be priests and nuns hehe
    that was what I was thinking of. I might end up paying P833k for an altis while others would only pay half the amount. I guess I have to look for a dealer that wasn't affected by the floods. Toyota Bicutan, Alabang or Pasong Tamo kaya???

If dealers are willing to give a 2 years warranty for flood submerged vehicles, does it mean that they are confident with the repairs that they will be doing on the cars?

Hirap kasi sa casa pahirapan din minsan sa warranty.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Depends. How about you? It has a warranty for 2 years anyway. Imagine, a vios for the price of an alto.
    It's very tempting. It's just a year off the normal warranty period. Plus my budget would be enough for a fortuner. hehe.

By just giving 50% off, they're like saying that it has been under water for quite sometime.
    If there are giving a 2 year warranty, it means they are confident with the repairs that they did.

I wont be surprised if TYT cars with TYT Marikina plates will suddenly flood the streets.
    Tingin niyo marami kakagat? Sa bagay ako nga napapaisip ako. hehe. I'll see what my Mom has to say about it.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Yeah, well atleast they could give you assurance. Sell it at the 3rd year. Atleast you're happy ( I hope ) for 3 years with the brand new submerged vehicle you bought.

Well, it is tempting.....very.

Yup, marami kakagat niyan. Especially if all dealers which cars were submerged will do that.

Calling BMW! if you're cars have been submerged :bwahaha: 70% off. Hehe.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    May new car scent pa rin kaya? hehehe Maybe you shold create a poll if would buy a brand new submerged toyota vehicle at 50% off?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    May new car scent pa rin kaya? hehehe Maybe you shold create a poll if would buy a brand new submerged toyota vehicle at 50% off?
    Pwede! ... kung gusto mo lagay ng half a dozen of these for that new car scent.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Di kaya sumakit na ilong mo niyan :hysterical:

Pero seriously, gh....would you buy?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    tumawag ako sa Marikina Toyota..sa monday pa daw malalaman kung i ooffer nila ang 50% off sa mga units, imagine 720k lang ang 4x2 fortuner 2yrs warranty pa hehehehe
    gawin nilang 60% off and 2yr warranty sigurado ubos lahat unit nila,
    bili ako dalawa

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Could anyone rationalise why one should or should not buy these vehicles?

I was thinking if I were to buy a unit and sell it after the warranty period, I would have to fully disclose the circumstances I got it for. The problem is would anyone still buy it from me after knowing where the car came from? I might end up maintaining a headache of a car.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; October 3rd, 2009 at 11:20 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    for sure new scent meron(other new scent)
    but new car scent i doubt, maybe new plastic scent...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well, if they don't cut of the price for atleast 50% they couldn't expect a higher rating of sales, but they could expect a lower rating of their overall sales. No one would buy a submerged car for 10% off, even at 20% . But hey, 50% is really catchy. :insomnia:

Originally Posted by BlackG
    for sure new scent meron(other new scent)
    but new car scent i doubt, maybe new plastic scent...

Baka flood scent meron.

Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you
    Could anyone rationalise why one should or should not buy these vehicles?

Why? Cheap.

Why not? Shortened warranty. Has been submerged under water. Doesn't know if electricals will work properly in a long span of time.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; October 3rd, 2009 at 11:22 AM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Totoo ba? 50% off bnew units from toyota marikina