New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hello everyone, Thanks for viewing my thread.
    I've been lurking for months, and now this is the first time
    that i'll be asking some tips with you guys.
    My mom will buy me my first car, And i've chosen vios09.
    I personally like the TRD kits, And i've heard that
    The maintenance for this car is really.. "cheap" Compare to other brands
    if im gonna have this car. How much would it cost for the TRD body kits
    And What are some defects for this car.
    Can you guys gime some Do's and Dont's..
    (im actually a first timer[18yo])
    Your comment will be much appreciated. Thank you and Godbless tsikoters

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi, I drive an 08 Vios 1.5G m/t. So far I have clocked 20,000km and the only maintenance I did was to change oil every 7,000km and change air filter. True, maintenance is cheap specially that availability of parts is not a problem. I only change oil my car in Petron where they have package deals which would cost you around 1,500. Aside from that, I had my wheels aligned but I forgot how much it cost me. Bottom line, maintenance for this car is cheap. In terms of performance, the car is relatively fast considering the cars weight, I clocked 170Kph on star toll and my driver did 180kph on sctex. Fuel consumption is average at 11-13km/l with my driving habit which is not fuel efficient. I often overtake and speed extra on highways.

With regards to your TRD kit, I was opting for it as well. I just can't get one because I haven't change my rims. I think it'l look awful to have a kitted car on stock rims. Anyways, I've searched for several shops that can fabricate the design of TRD bodykits such as clifford and a couple of my friends. It won't cost you that much as well; around 10-15k I think.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tercyu View Post
    Hi, I drive an 08 Vios 1.5G m/t. So far I have clocked 20,000km and the only maintenance I did was to change oil every 7,000km and change air filter. True, maintenance is cheap specially that availability of parts is not a problem. I only change oil my car in Petron where they have package deals which would cost you around 1,500. Aside from that, I had my wheels aligned but I forgot how much it cost me. Bottom line, maintenance for this car is cheap. In terms of performance, the car is relatively fast considering the cars weight, I clocked 170Kph on star toll and my driver did 180kph on sctex. Fuel consumption is average at 11-13km/l with my driving habit which is not fuel efficient. I often overtake and speed extra on highways.

With regards to your TRD kit, I was opting for it as well. I just can't get one because I haven't change my rims. I think it'l look awful to have a kitted car on stock rims. Anyways, I've searched for several shops that can fabricate the design of TRD bodykits such as clifford and a couple of my friends. It won't cost you that much as well; around 10-15k I think.

Hi There, Your maintenance is really cheap
    And i'am really into fuel efficiency. should we get 1.3? or 1.5?
    But ofcourse im also into performance.

My plans with the car is first to put a TRD Kit on it..(stock rims)
    Havnt seen one before..

Thanks for your comment Tercyu.. It really helped a lot. Godbless

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Riceboy View Post
    obviously, get the 1.5L

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Riceboy View Post

My plans with the car is first to put a TRD Kit on it..(stock rims)
    Havnt seen one before..

Thanks for your comment Tercyu.. It really helped a lot. Godbless
    the 1.5 is thrifty if you want it to be...

if you really want a go-kart like toyota, the yaris will surprise you. yun nga lang at the expense of trunk space

Tips for a newbie