New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Guys help on this problem of mine. got this unusual sound tick...tick..near aircon and alternator area no pattern of sound..
    What I did was:
    1. I replace the idler bearings with part # 6301du ball bearings 2pcs two idlers
    2. Pulley Bearing of aircon with part # 35BD4820DUM6

Not replaced is the:
    Tensioner bearing and alternator bearing

Test with no load, i mean removed the belt and start the engine and there is no tick..tick.. sound.....so confirmed that its on the load side not in the engine where the unusual sound is.

[B]Question Guys is it possible to replace the alternator bearing?[/B]

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    try checking the fan. spray some diesel in its flange.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    You might want to really examine the belt.
    If there is a slight cut (or damage) on the side facing the pulleys, you will get a "rapping" sound. But before "rapping" begins, you might get a "ticking" sound.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    try checking the fan. spray some diesel in its flange.
    Well try to do this Bro.....we did not yet check the fan yet....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nick View Post
    You might want to really examine the belt.
    If there is a slight cut (or damage) on the side facing the pulleys, you will get a "rapping" sound. But before "rapping" begins, you might get a "ticking" sound.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.
    Bro I already replaced the drive belt... 1st thing that we replaced.

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jowel View Post
    Bro I already replaced the drive belt... 1st thing that we replaced.

Thanks
    Do you have any other problems other than the tick tick sound? What I mean is, is your aircon functioning well? Do you have any issues with your car's electrical system?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jowel View Post
    Guys help on this problem of mine. got this unusual sound tick...tick..near aircon and alternator area no pattern of sound..
    What I did was:
    1. I replace the idler bearings with part # 6301du ball bearings 2pcs two idlers
    2. Pulley Bearing of aircon with part # 35BD4820DUM6

Not replaced is the:
    Tensioner bearing and alternator bearing

Test with no load, i mean removed the belt and start the engine and there is no tick..tick.. sound.....so confirmed that its on the load side not in the engine where the unusual sound is.

[B]Question Guys is it possible to replace the alternator bearing?[/B]
    It's difficult to tell what's the problem is unless somebody checks it. Normally, the only tick-sound we could hear is the clutch of the a/c compressor.
    Was the a/c switched on or not when you heard the tick-sound?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by first_light View Post
    It's difficult to tell what's the problem is unless somebody checks it. Normally, the only tick-sound we could hear is the clutch of the a/c compressor.
    Was the a/c switched on or not when you heard the tick-sound?
    I'm going on this direction as well. He might be assuming there is a problem when there is really none. A tick sound is normal in the compressor's engagement/disengagement via the magnetic clutch.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sir may tensioner shock and lever arm po ba ang ride nyo? if yes dyan po ppwedeng mangaling ang tic tic sound...

did you recently replaced your fan belt? if yes... matigas o makunat pa fan belt nyo... sa tensioner shock and lever arm nangagaling ang sound... just wait for about 500 kms... mawawala na yan tic tic sound na yan...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    eh normal lang naman sa innova yun eh, yung saken ganun eh, 2011 toyota innova G, auto climate control AC ko, basta i on ko ang AC may tic tic agad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
tick..tick...unsual sound on my D4d Toyota Innova 2007 near aircon and alternator