New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    When I was driving other A/T toyota altis bago bago pa, I noticed na mag-start sya to move immediately upon release of brake and unti-unti bumibilis. Now I'm driving another car which is toyota altis din but 2003 and I noticed na di sya umaandar agad unless i-gas pedal ko sya. Na-notice ko yun twice, nung naka-steer sa right yung wheel and yung isa nung nasa-malubak na daan. Nung nasa gasoline station kami umandar sya nung ni-release yung break pero noticeably ang bagal. Most of the time kelangan i-gas pedal talaga para mag-accelerate as quick as with other A/T toyota altis I drove. Ano po kaya problem nun?

Isa pa sa down hill pero naka-reverse when I released the break umabante sya slightly so inapakan ko ulit gas pedal para maka-bwelo. Problem po ba yun or normal lng? Is this related to the problem(if it is) I first mentioned?

Salamat po ng marami in advance.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I tried to Google this and the closest I could get is to check the transmission fluid. Any idea where is that located in the car so I could check?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    There should be a dipstick in the engine bay for AT fluid.

By the way have you also checked the headlight fluid?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by samcoy View Post
    I tried to Google this and the closest I could get is to check the transmission fluid. Any idea where is that located in the car so I could check?
    In the engine bay you will find the dipstick for ATF fluid cause might be low ATF fluid or dirty ATF fluid need to be change . The color of fresh ATF fluid is reddish if it is dark brown change it and if you noticed a burn smell of ATF fluid is not good.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    By the way have you also checked the headlight fluid?
    :hammer: ano yan? parang ngayon ko lang ata narinig yan ah?

ang hi-ace namin at pajero eh wala akong makita niyan

to answer the TS question, yun A/T fluid dipstick is located sa engine bay which is commonly place behind or near the engine oil dipstick. madali lang naman malaman kung a/t dipstick o engine oil dipstick. engine oil dipstick eh mas malaki ang handle niya and may label na ENGINE on most cars. the other dipstick na makikita mo without label is the A/T fluid dipstick. basta DALAWA lang naman yang dipstick na yan sir.

at about sa problema mo, follow SU's advise. HTH!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Well, he apparently drives a lot yet doesn't even know where to check fluids for the car. Which most likely means he doesn't even check oil and water and brake/clutch fluids. A precursor to disaster if you ask me.

Kaya check na rin nya headlight fluid para at least di sya mamamatayan ng headlight sa gabi kasi naubusan :D

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by samcoy View Post
    When I was driving other A/T toyota altis bago bago pa, I noticed na mag-start sya to move immediately upon release of brake and unti-unti bumibilis. Now I'm driving another car which is toyota altis din but 2003 and I noticed na di sya umaandar agad unless i-gas pedal ko sya. Na-notice ko yun twice, nung naka-steer sa right yung wheel and yung isa nung nasa-malubak na daan. Nung nasa gasoline station kami umandar sya nung ni-release yung break pero noticeably ang bagal. Most of the time kelangan i-gas pedal talaga para mag-accelerate as quick as with other A/T toyota altis I drove. Ano po kaya problem nun?

Isa pa sa down hill pero naka-reverse when I released the break umabante sya slightly so inapakan ko ulit gas pedal para maka-bwelo. Problem po ba yun or normal lng? Is this related to the problem(if it is) I first mentioned?

Salamat po ng marami in advance.
    That's normal, we also had a 2002(?) Altis J 1.6 A/T. It won't crawl if you release the brake; you'd really have to step on the gas. If the engine is warm enough, the car will crawl but at a very slow pace.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I have two A/T vehicles one is 09 fortuner and the other is 03 x-trail. The fortuner once the brake pedal is released it goes at once but doesn't accelerate you have to step on it. While my x-trail once brake pedal is released it moves forward but not as quick as the fort. If the road is a little inclined it won't move and sometimes it moves backward if the road is a little bit steeper compared to fort it will still move forward speed depends on steepness. Maybe it has something to do with the engine idle speed. Since they are A/T method of engaging the engine to the wheels is via centrifugal force, the higher idle speed the greater force is being transmitted to the wheels, IMO
    Last edited by shadow3616931; December 26th, 2009 at 11:12 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Well, he apparently drives a lot yet doesn't even know where to check fluids for the car. Which most likely means he doesn't even check oil and water and brake/clutch fluids. A precursor to disaster if you ask me.

Kaya check na rin nya headlight fluid para at least di sya mamamatayan ng headlight sa gabi kasi naubusan :D
    you'd be surprised kung gaano karaming drivers ang ganyan

*samcoy: ask kung kelan last napalitan yung ATF. baka due na yan

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007

now i know what you mean, hahaha!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
A/T won't move upon release of break