New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Mga ka-tsikot question lang.

We have a 2005 A/T Toyota Altis, gamit ng brother ko. Last night he complained na upon putting the key sa ignition he can't turn it para mastart yun engine as in stuck siya.

Naka ilan try, hugot kabit napihit naman and naistart niya.

Kaso every time he shut off the engine, remove the keys. Ganun nanaman stuck nanaman.

Tyagaan para mastart yun oto.

Anyone experienced this kind of problem?

Ano kaya problem? Any remedy? May sira ba?

I've read online spray WD40 sa ignition.

Pano yun palit ignition? Im lost.

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Try spraying lube into the keyhole (without overly sounding bastos ... .. )

The key thumblers maybe bone dry and need a bit of lube to move. After you spray, insert the key and twist, then remove, wipe it with a clean tissue or rag, spray lube into the keyhole, insert the key again .... and repeat the process.

The rag will get dirty. That is the dirt coming from within your ignition switch.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Try spraying lube into the keyhole (without overly sounding bastos ... .. )

The key thumblers maybe bone dry and need a bit of lube to move. After you spray, insert the key and twist, then remove, wipe it with a clean tissue or rag, spray lube into the keyhole, insert the key again .... and repeat the process.

The rag will get dirty. That is the dirt coming from within your ignition switch.
    Seriously? Sana nga.

Akala ko sobrang laking problema.

Sana nga ganun lang ayos na.

Ubusin ko ba isang wd40? Hehe

Thanks bro LSB.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Ubusin ko ba isang wd40? Hehe
    No, just use enough WD40 until you feel that the key is going in "swabe". And that there is no resistance when you turn the ignition. Try to get a squirt or two of WD40 in there every couple of months, if just to get things sliding smoothly.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    No, just use enough WD40 until you feel that the key is going in "swabe". And that there is no resistance when you turn the ignition. Try to get a squirt or two of WD40 in there every couple of months, if just to get things sliding smoothly.
    Will do. I'll keep you posted bro.

Maraming salamat.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    this isn't the steering wheel lock now, right?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Mga ka-tsikot question lang.

We have a 2005 A/T Toyota Altis, gamit ng brother ko. Last night he complained na upon putting the key sa ignition he can't turn it para mastart yun engine as in stuck siya.

Naka ilan try, hugot kabit napihit naman and naistart niya.

Kaso every time he shut off the engine, remove the keys. Ganun nanaman stuck nanaman.

Tyagaan para mastart yun oto.

Anyone experienced this kind of problem?

Ano kaya problem? Any remedy? May sira ba?

I've read online spray WD40 sa ignition.

Pano yun palit ignition? Im lost.

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

TIA!

sir.. most likely naka lock yung steering wheel kaya hindi maikot yung susi..

I would suggest na once you inserted the key sa ignition then ayaw maikot yung key to start the engine.. try mo na dahan dahan paikutin yung steering wheel while turning the key..

hope this solves your problem..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by homhomnova View Post
    sir.. most likely naka lock yung steering wheel kaya hindi maikot yung susi..

I would suggest na once you inserted the key sa ignition then ayaw maikot yung key to start the engine.. try mo na dahan dahan paikutin yung steering wheel while turning the key..

hope this solves your problem..
    Im aware of that unfortunately thats not the case. Hindi naka lock yun steering wheel. At first akala ko ganun lang yun problem pero hindi pala

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun kasing tumblers ng key meron yan springs na maliliit, when those get stuck due to dirt hindi bumabalik yung tumblers kaya you will need to wiggle the key in the keyhole to line up the tumblers in the bolt. spraying with wd40 will clean up and free the tumblers and springs.

after you free it with wd40, meron mas magandang lubricant na hindi nadra-dry. silicone lubricant spray, meron nyan sa hardwares like ace, handyman and concorde.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    hindi kaya ung key ang may problema sir? baka may sira o bali na ang ngipin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Stuck Ignition, Can't Start the Engine