New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm not saying it was aliens, but... it was aliens.

Could be worse. In old US cars, workers used to leave paper build sheets and other such random stuff stuck to inside panels, to be covered up by insulation, under the interior paint, or sandwiched between steel parts.

This is just a written inventory date (possibly for that batch of bumpers) that was left in a location where no owner would ever see it unless they got down on their hands and knees and looked underneath the car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Ha ha ha! Good one! Natawa ako dun ah.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Could be worse. In old US cars, workers used to leave paper build sheets and other such random stuff stuck to inside panels, to be covered up by insulation, under the interior paint, or sandwiched between steel parts.

This is just a written inventory date (possibly for that batch of bumpers) that was left in a location where no owner would ever see it unless they got down on their hands and knees and looked underneath the car.
    and if that particular unit somehow became a desireable unit in the future, those manufacturing notes would have pushed the price up significantly.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Solve for x=b2/11
    x=b/5.5 :D

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I never saw similar markings in my previous cars and my new Wigo, but i have seen many markings such cross, circle, line drawn with pental pen in electronic circuit boards.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bigT View Post
    I never saw similar markings in my previous cars and my new Wigo, but i have seen many markings such cross, circle, line drawn with pental pen in electronic circuit boards.
    same meaning.. manufacturing notes..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigT View Post
    same meaning.. manufacturing notes..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Qc lang nila yan malamang.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    try lang:

acquired ang innova June 2014, markings says 11/26 or 11/29 which is more likely 2013 pa, new innova was released Q2 of 2014 (in between May to June 2014)

Malamang naideliver yang mga yan November 2013 pa pero nailagay sa batch ng 2013 model na hindi pa dapat kaya minarkahan ng X kasi hindi pa nakarollout ang bagong innova.

per my understanding lang and based sa nakikita kong sistema sa Sta. Rosa Plant.

therefore, nothing serious - Hopefully, wala ka naman nakikita/nararamdamang issue.

OT: every PMS ko sa Toyota nilalagyan ng pentel na white or liquid paper lahat ng lugnuts and bolt and nut na madadaanan ng maintenance service. nakakapagod ngang magbura.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Last edited by RomeoAlpha; February 2nd, 2015 at 11:02 PM. Reason: corrected some terms

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you really want to know, you can go to the plant and ask them.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you really want to know, you can go to the plant and ask them.
    I am in Visayas, I have tried to ask Toyota Philippines through email, but no response, even the mobile no. shown in their web page is unattended.

All the parts are standarized, each has its part no. no need to do any marking by hand unless something unusual is noted, and if a fault was found in a particular part, worker can get a replacement easily, no need to mark it and put it back.

The most suspicious/possible place where the marking was placed is the local dealer's workshop, if I go to ask them, the answer can only be perfunctory.

Note: Please write in English, I can't read Tagalog.
    Last edited by bigT; February 3rd, 2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Note added

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast