New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hey guys,

I am pretty much an amateur when it comes to cars. ;) Nonetheless, the other day I started the engine of my VIOS 1.5G and I suddenly became occupied with a conversation with a friend in the car. After which I twisted the key in the ignition, not noticing that the engine was already running. I heard a "sizzling" sound and a friend pointed out that the engine was already on.

Did I do a major "bobo" here?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I've done this before with my 06 Civic. Same sizzling/buzzing sound.

Wala naman glaring problems if you don't mess up too often (3 years and still running fine, knock on wood).

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I guess I just need to be more careful next time!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by josefarrugia View Post
    I guess I just need to be more careful next time!
    you must. or we must hehe. nangyari rin sa civic ko yan sir. after that, pag iniistart ko na yong sasakyan ko nasa isip ko na palagi yun. sana lang walang naging bad effect to my flywheel and to the starter section as well

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    yeah its ok. just dont make the same mistake twice

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Nangyari na rin sakin yan...hehehe! routine ko kasi kasi is start the engine, open windows, fan mode sa a/c ng ilang secs, tapos dagdag na ng cool temp. Kaya minsan pag hindi ko maalala kung na-start ko na ba yung engine or not, check ko kung magre-rev...if not...twist ko na yung key

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    check your tachometer just to be sure.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    That mostly happen to stock car now a days looks like the motor is not running . Double check if the engine is running before starting the car to avoid mistake.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    That's the problem with new cars nowadays... you don't feel the heart and soul of the car anymore.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Cars nowadays are too quiet especially if brand new.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast