New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    good day

im just wondering if a smaller diameter exhaust piping will improve gas mileage and torque for a toyota revo 1rze? lets say its 1-3/4 to 1-1/2.. thanks a lot..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    up up up.. i need your suggestion :please:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is a proper size of exhaust pipe diameters to match an engine's displacement. Going too small will just limit your engine's power output.

But if you still want to go through with it, you might just want to install a restrictor plate instead of changing your pipes. The plate is just a flat metal insert with a hole of the exhaust pipe diameter you want. Just insert this between one of the bolted joints of your exhaust system.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    thanks for the input sir.. my engine is 1rze 2.0L gas.. In other words, it will just lose power?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by emongedmund View Post
    thanks for the input sir.. my engine is 1rze 2.0L gas.. In other words, it will just lose power?
    It will lose top end power.

The engine will just end up working harder to push the exhaust gasses through the smaller piping.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Smaller diameter does not equate to lesser fuel consumption or improved fuel economy.

It's like tying a person by his ankles while he tries to run.

For me the best way is still to change the way you drive.

my :twocents:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Every engine has its own size of exhaust piping and depend on the modification of the engine to meet the desire horsepower gain. For your Revo engine use the stock size what your car have it is design to your engine using small diameter exhaut pipe will only restrict the flow of air and will not improved your gas mileage but loose power .

smaller diameter exhaust piping for revo