New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    is this a good buy? this seems to be within our price range and i've read a few good comments on fuel efficiency, spacious trunk space. im wondering though if the size is suitable for tall people? my brother is around 6feet tall and a bit on the heavy side. or should we go for the altis instead?

btw i meant the driver's seat, not the trunk space lol

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Best thing to do is, get your brother to seat on the two cars ( altis and vios ) then let him decide on which car he likes the most or feels comfortable with.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ^thanks, we were planning on doing that, just dont have time yet.
    would like to hear feedback from actual owners' experience, if any, TIA.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    In my opinion ... your brother would be better-off in an Altis. The Vios has "narrow seats" (no pun intended there) ... They seem to fit women more than men ....

I drove my wife's 2010 1.3 AT to Baguio and back ... however and whichever I adjust the driver seat it still gave me a backache ...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I've sat on an Altis and all I can say is of course maluwang siya compared to our Vios. I think the Altis' seats provide more support for tall people (back and leg support). Sa Vios kasi namin sakto lang katawan ko dun sa bandang gitna ng sandalan ng seat, sakto support sa likod ko (I'm 5'7" only medium build).

Plus the Altis offers more comfy ride and more space.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Agree here... Tight ang driver/passenger space sa Vios, especially to tall people. Altis should provide larger space and sitting area, so there goes.....

10.4K:shazam:

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Laterally, the Altis appears to be more spacious bec. it is wider (can carry three back passengers vs. Vios' 2 or 2.5 passengers). But in terms of leg room esp. the back passenger, both are almost the same. I find ingress and egress more inconvenient with the Altis bec. it has a protruding appendage right below the seats, which really hampers ingress and egress.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't know how taller people will feel, but I felt that the front footwells of the Altis were cramped. The other test-driver with me at the time complained even more about them, and he was 5'7". That will likely be an issue for a 6 footer.

Best legroom amongst compact cars would be the Lancer (the biggest) or the Civic (on-paper, it's similar to the others, but it feels spacious). The Vios is just okay, but it's a small car, don't expect miracles.

Don't limit your search to one brand only. There are lots of good cars out there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Don't limit your search to one brand only. There are lots of good cars out there.
    good suggestion.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    other brands? were you referring to honda? what would be much better than than altis? i guess we'll consider if it's cheaper than toyota. although i've heard that maintenance, spare parts and service for honda is more expensive...any truth in this?

another slight problem if we go for honda is, we dont have a service center/showroom in our area.

oh thanks for that bit of info on the altis appendage...i'll check on that

should we buy the vios 1.5G?