New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Things that makes me get an outgoing model, brand new:
    1. Huge discounts (but you have to wait before the imminent arrival of the new model).
    2. Defects have been ironed out (mostly).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Things that makes me get an outgoing model, brand new:
    1. Huge discounts (but you have to wait before the imminent arrival of the new model).
    2. Defects have been ironed out (mostly).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Antay kana lang ng bago if hindi kailangan bumiki agad

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    The recent new generation vehicles havent had major recalls.

Example isuzu mux or toyota corolla and all the latest mazda skyactiv models and even nissan were released in other countries first but we filipinos get them somewhat last. Less chance of recalls tbh.
    errr... i refer to "better than", not necessarily on quality of manufacture alone.. i also refer to the design.. eye candy.. gross morphology...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you are in a hurry, then get the current gen.

If you are not in a hurry and willing to wait for the release of the next gen, then willing to wait even more coz the demand is so high and willing to be patient and understanding on the agents milking their clients by asking DI, reservation fee, in house only, etc, coz they know they are selling a hot car, by all means go with the all new.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if TS really wants one, maybe he should fall in line now and make his reservation.. so's he won't have to wait several months after its release, to drive one into his garage.. like what happened when the fortuner was introduced 'way back in 2005..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^
    Yes, like what happened when the first gen Fort was released. Grabe daw ang pila noon and the waiting time lasted as long as 6, 7 months, even longer. I will not be surprised if the all new model will be welcomed the same. I still see a lot of brand new Forts on the streets considering it's only a refreshed look, how much more if it's all new.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    according to industry reports, the Fort in its 10 year is averaging 1000 +/ month so its enjoying a healthy following....It's main competitor, the Montero is averaging 1,700 + units/ month...

Following Toyota's game plan of carrying over engines, its safe to say that the next gen fortuner/Hilux/Innova will be using the same engines.
    Following also that Toyota has a culture of making you jump thru hoops ( DI, in house , mandatiry casa insurance).... I'll get the current gen, if your really bent on getting the Fortuner.
    Just make sure to milk the maximum discount.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by petixs View Post
    according to industry reports, the Fort in its 10 year is averaging 1000 +/ month so its enjoying a healthy following....It's main competitor, the Montero is averaging 1,700 + units/ month...

Following Toyota's game plan of carrying over engines, its safe to say that the next gen fortuner/Hilux/Innova will be using the same engines.
    Following also that Toyota has a culture of making you jump thru hoops ( DI, in house , mandatiry casa insurance).... I'll get the current gen, if your really bent on getting the Fortuner.
    Care to share a link of your industry report bro? Last time I checked for 2014, the Fortuner is outselling the Montero once again, albeit by a very small margin.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by petixs View Post

I think I read this in a car magazine a few months back and I'm not sure if it's still true. Seems like the Fortuner surpassed the Montero's sales figures last year based on some industry reports and it's also pretty evident on the roads. Doing this on the 9th year of the product life is pretty amazing.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Lol report....campi says otherwise.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast