New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Are they in groups when you saw these Celicas? If it is this might be the Celica Club PH. maybe.
    it might be possibly converted right from port Cagayan or Subic. Or it came from the USA that no needs conversion since it's already LHD in the US.

May base model Celica na same engine lang sa Corolla Altis yung 1ZZFE. Celica GT on the other hand has the 2ZZGE with VVTLi. and yes it's the same engine in the lotus elise and the MR2 spyder/MR-S.
    Not in groups but individually!l last week i saw a silver GTS along SLEX i think this is the one with the 2zz. Then i saw a red one along daang hari this monday. Then yesterday i saw a black one parked at MOA. I said to myself i kept seeing these cars lately then speaking of the devil as i traverse along oceana area white one drove by. All are 7th gen celicas.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    as an aside,
    i see the most number of camrys, in slex.
    is it because they are most plentiful there?
    or is it because the cars along slex are easier to differentiate?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 4th, 2021 at 01:03 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Unlike a converted Celica, the 86/BRZ does not have the chance that it is 50% junk... Well, maybe except for the reports of the 86 catching fire after undergoing the valve spring recall.

But seriously, its pretty risky buying a converted vehicle. 50/50 talaga. Minsan naman may swerte.
    Maybe during subic days i guess, the reason why i liked this celica version is the abundant availability of parts. I know cause i had a friend who used to own a GTS. Yes it's converted but the people in port irene did it right since the dashboards and interior panels were clean no cuts. And the dashboard was original LHD. Although the light and wiper siwtches are interchaned. Fuel consumption was great too it's like you're just using an altis unless you go lift all the time.

He did a get a couple of cars from port irene and all good condition and didn't give him problems for years. The celica was his daily driver way back in college until 3-4 years ago i think. He put more than 100k kms on it. It was a white one and he sold it if im not mistaken around 520k well maintained and clean. Then he got himself a fortuner since pamilyado na.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am wondering,
    faithful, factory-spec conversion isn't cheap.
    it somehow negates the profit aspect, if done to factory-spec.
    how many buyers would be willing to put down good money for a converted unit?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering,
    faithful, factory-spec conversion isn't cheap.
    it somehow negates the profit aspect, if done to factory-spec.
    how many buyers would be willing to put down good money for a converted unit?
    As far as i remember there are warehouses in port irene that are the "go to" places of those people who want to buy good converted sports cars. As for the price maybe those who are still using it until now were rhe good ones. There's a thread here that explained the difference of a converted unit from subic and from port irene. That's why if you could see madami pa din B-Plate cars now(port irene). but it's been years Since i an "R" plate converted car from subic.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Here's what the post i saw before the celicas in port irene were sold at 1 Million + at that time. And that's for the base gt not the GTS

Is this Converted Celica worth it @ 1.2M?

I think the glove box is common since that's where the pedals were supposed to be before.

I'm really interested to get one myself (may budget na kasi hehe)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's what the post i saw before the celicas in port irene were sold at 1 Million + at that time. And that's for the base gt not the GTS

Is this Converted Celica worth it @ 1.2M?

I think the glove box is common since that's where the pedals were supposed to be before.

I'm really interested to get one myself (may budget na kasi hehe)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well,
    i've had my fill of "orphan cars".
    i have an ancient local altis that is so easy to maintain. and, unlike some cars, once fixed, it stays fixed.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 4th, 2021 at 02:42 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well,
    i've had my fill of "orphan cars".
    i have an ancient local altis.
    The ancient altis or the first corolla "altis" released her has the 1zz right?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdowngrad View Post
    2003 model.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdowngrad View Post
    The first Corolla to wear the Altis badge was the E110 1.8SE-G Altis released around 1999/2000 using the 7A-FE engine, if you still remember those.

Low res pic of one I found

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast