New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Good day to all! Has anyone availed of Toyota's Rustproofing and undercoat promo which costs 6,000++?

This promo is currently offered at Toyota Balintawak. According to the S.A. I spoke meron itong kasamang 3 more undercoats which you can claim within 2 years or one undercoat for every 8 months.

a) Anu-ano po ba ang kasama sa "rust proofing"? kasama ba dito yung sa part ng engine ~ I meant ibaba din po ba yung makina?
    b) How often po ba dapat nagpapa-rust proof? undercoat?
    c) Meron po bang warranty na ma-vo-void if you have either of the two done outside of casa?
    d) I read in one of the messages here na up to 6 months lang ung nakapackage na rustproofing and undercoating sa bagong Avanza, is this true?
    e) Meron po ba kayong alam na place na guaranteed na maganda mag rustproof and undercoat? how much naman po?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by juanarodriguez View Post
    Good day to all! Has anyone availed of Toyota's Rustproofing and undercoat promo which costs 6,000++?

This promo is currently offered at Toyota Balintawak. According to the S.A. I spoke meron itong kasamang 3 more undercoats which you can claim within 2 years or one undercoat for every 8 months.

a) Anu-ano po ba ang kasama sa "rust proofing"? kasama ba dito yung sa part ng engine ~ I meant ibaba din po ba yung makina?
    b) How often po ba dapat nagpapa-rust proof? undercoat?
    c) Meron po bang warranty na ma-vo-void if you have either of the two done outside of casa?
    d) I read in one of the messages here na up to 6 months lang ung nakapackage na rustproofing and undercoating sa bagong Avanza, is this true?
    e) Meron po ba kayong alam na place na guaranteed na maganda mag rustproof and undercoat? how much naman po?

Thanks
    Wala pa akong "complete" undercoat. sa wheel wells lang mayroon.

Sa casa, ito yata ang scrubby coat.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    juanarodriguez,

as for my experience, ang ziebart rustproofing is good. ang oto ni misis na corolla gli, model 93 pa, till now wala pa traces ng kalawang. last time na nagpa-change oil ako, itina-as, then sinilip ko ang ilalim, la pa talaga ng kalawang. kaya lang, ng nagtanong ako sa ziebart makati, 10K plus na kanilang rustproofing. pero methink it's worth it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yung avanza ko naka full rust proofing / undercoat via scruby coat nung kinuha ko sa casa.. 2T+ yata ni add ko.. naka sched ako dapat pumunta sa scruby coat nung january di naman ako nakapunta..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    To all honda users out there. Have you availed of the 6K rustproofing that the honda service centers are offering? Is it worth the price? my car's already 2 months old, and I'm thinking about this until now. should I go for this? Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    mga bro,

saan ba mayroon ba kayo alam malapit lang dito sa Las pinas na undercoat and rustproof shop?

salamat.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As for me, we never had undercoating and rustproofing done to our new cars, we've kept them for over 10 years and never had any rust problems. The plant already has applied these items and from experience, it does suffice (unless you live near the sea or in perennially sunken areas). What matters more is you keep your car clean as rust is caused mainly by moisture from the mud that builds up under the car and the panels. Washing the car and wheel wells thoroughly at least once a week and getting an underwash once or twice a year will help keep the rust away.

I only applied undercoating when a second hand car we bought had some damage underneath with the original coating scraped off in one portion.

My two cents.
    Last edited by vinj; July 31st, 2009 at 03:10 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    most gas stations and car painting shops offering undercoating services. they used generic, 3m or wurth products. afaik, for generic(water-based) costs 1k-1.5k, for 3m costs 3k and wurth for 4-4.5k and the price will also depends on the application of the undercoat.

some says that it is not adviseable to apply undercoat to your car during rainy season because the moisture will get inside the metal and eventually builds up rust in the long run. leave your car to the shop for 2-3days and let the undercoat dry.

mr. vinj is also right, just make sure that your chassis is underwash every twice a year to remove all the mud and dirt. some also apply motor oil under chassis so that when you drive to wet road or flooded area, the water, mud and dirt will repel.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Use a "WAXOYL rush proofing" best on the market.

Rust Proofing and Undercoat