New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
    I received the memo. Iwasan daw po ang naka Civic. Fuccboi daw. [emoji39][emoji111]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    I am calling the attention of our moderator, who happens to own a Civic! Kindly prove them wrong.
    [emoji3]

And so recently I encountered that word, and I can't find it in a dictionary. Not until I searched online, only to find out that it is a derogatory term.

So my two grown-up kids, including my wife, are making fun of me. They said that I'm getting updated!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I’m single, the Rush or any MPV would be the least I would look at for a vehicle. Next out of the list would be PPVs.

First choice would be a compact - a sedan like the Civic or Mazda3, a hatchback like a Mazda3 or Focus. Next choice would be subcompacts - City for a sedan, Jazz or Fiesta or Mazda2 for a hatchback. If I have 2M for a car, it’s going to be a WRX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jcordon7 View Post
    Hi! I'm just asking for opinions on which would be the better option. I'm looking at the price of the Toyota Fortuner here and hindi nagkakalayo sa price ng Rush. I'm single and I will use my car for office which is from Cavite to Makati. I don't know if I should buy the Fortuner kasi nanghihinayang ako sa size mag isa lang naman ako.

On the other hand kung mag Rush naman ako, konti na lang fortuner na.

Anybody experienced with both vehicles that could give me their opinion? Priority ko rin ang fuel efficiency, alam niyo naman traffic sa Cavite tapos Makati pa.
    i believe the fort is more spacious than the rush. and its diesel engine should cause less fuel expense.
    and with your cavite-makati route, i'd prefer a car with lots of squirming space, in case of traffic. who wants to get stuck in traffic, inside a tight car?
    and so what if solo kayo? it's not illegal to drive a large-ish vehicle if you're solo.
    heh heh.

btw,
    medyo malayo yata ang brand new prices ng diesel fort at rush yata.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 1st, 2018 at 10:17 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I am calling the attention of our moderator, who happens to own a Civic! Kindly prove them wrong.
    [emoji3!
    don't!
    he's getting married soon.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 1st, 2018 at 10:14 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Wtf? Magka lapit price ng fortuner and rush?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Iwasan talaga yang mga naka-Civic. Walang mabuting mapapala sa mga yan. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    And a lot more frugal. In heavy MM traffic I'm getting 10.4 Km/L with an average speed of 12 kph. On the highway you can easily get double that fuel mileage.
    Tipid bro! 2.0S gets 5.8-6 km/L in the same conditions.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Iwasan talaga yang mga naka-Civic. Walang mabuting mapapala sa mga yan. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

secondment!
    they're anything but civil.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    secondment!
    they're anything but civil.
    Ah mga walang kwentang tao ba yung mga Civic??? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Fortuner syempre. Aabot na P60/L ang gasolina. [emoji33]

If I'm not mistaken, the Rush is a rear wheel drive, ladder frame vehicle. In its case this becomes a liability with a rather weak engine due to bigger drivetrain losses versus a FWD vehicle. Ladder frame also means poorer handling versus a typically unibody FWD competitor. The lack of 4WD also negates most, if not all, of the advantages the ladder frame chassis can offer. If you really want a car from this class level, I'd point you to the Honda BRV instead.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast