New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, does it really costs 5k to 6k just to replace my timing belt. I actually went to shell las pinas last saturday and had my change oil. I had my timing belt checked, and I was told it needs to be replaced before 1 month ends. I think and feel that the shell service station mechanic is credible enough since he've been working in that station for quite some time. Just want to hear some opinion if the amount is just about right or is if it's too expensive. I guess its not just the timing belt that will be replaced, but aint sure what the other parts are.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    parang mahal naman ata yun, nagtanong ako sa prens alabang kasi due for replacement na rin yung kotse ko, 1300 ang timing belt and 1200 ang labor. namamahalan pa nga ako sa labor eh.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    actually just went to shell las pinas again just to see what's included on the charge.. according to the quotation, kasam bearing, timing belt and labor. Ang dilema ko lang kase talaga is pag nag pagawa ako sa mas mura baka ung trabaho di pulido, mas mahirap yun. thank you sa opinion, at least i have a broader idea about the price.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ang mahal ng labor,yun sa akin 700 ang labor nagpapalit ako timing belt at tensioner 4af engine ko

Replacing timing belt for toyota corolla 1990