New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    just bought a 2008 LC120 Prado, medyo matagtag sya. any one out there who replace their OEM Shocks with Rancho Shocks ?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    SWB yun lc 120 so expect its ride to be a bit stiff. try old man emu cause i think rancho would be better if you go off-roading,

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, the Prado's ride is a bit stiff, so I replaced the OEM shocks with Old Man Emu shocks. Ride was then smoother, but not as soft as that on my former Gen 1 Exped. Despite the softer shocks, the Prado was not bottoming out when full, nor swaying during high speed runs with crosswinds. Stability was still good.

I'm not sure, but I think Bilstein and Rancho may be a bit stiffer than OME. Not sure how they are against stock. You'll know right away when you drive off from the shop. I forgot the name of the shop that installed my OMEs, but they did say they'd take my OMEs off and put the OEMs back if the ride didn't improve. Not sure if they'd push through on such though. Hehe!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    [SIZE=3]i also heard Bilstein is stiffer than OME. i got interested with Rancho because it has 9 adjustable settings....i think you got your OME at RATS Katipunan. [/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    hi i installed rancho 9000 on my dads suburban a couple years back, my dad used it for a year then had me remove them, he didn't like how the vehicle responded, i think the suburban was too heavy for the ranchos...go figure when the models i got were the ones that the americans used on theirs wheni was in california.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    [SIZE=3]i also heard Bilstein is stiffer than OME. i got interested with Rancho because it has 9 adjustable settings....i think you got your OME at RATS Katipunan. [/SIZE]
    Now that you mentioned it, I got it from RATS while they still had a shop in Alabang. Rancho does have 9 adjustable settings, but then despite setting it to the softest, my friend's Strada was still bouncy at the back. You might also like to research on Big Dawg, which is manufactured by Rancho. Another friend slapped those on his Mom's Patrol and the ride smoothened out. Nga lang, came to about P11K/shock I think vs OME and Bilstein. Laki kasi nung shock body. Hehehe!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Now that you mentioned it, I got it from RATS while they still had a shop in Alabang. Rancho does have 9 adjustable settings, but then despite setting it to the softest, my friend's Strada was still bouncy at the back. You might also like to research on Big Dawg, which is manufactured by Rancho. Another friend slapped those on his Mom's Patrol and the ride smoothened out. Nga lang, came to about P11K/shock I think vs OME and Bilstein. Laki kasi nung shock body. Hehehe!
    thanks for the info.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    for teh 120 prado, Old Man Emu also has coil springs to increase ride height coupled with better carrying capability and better ride than stock.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    for teh 120 prado, Old Man Emu also has coil springs to increase ride height coupled with better carrying capability and better ride than stock.
    Oh yeah. RATS offered this to me as well when I had the shocks put in. Will lift the Prado about an inch or two I think, do correct me if i'm wrong though, ARB. I didn't like the idea since I wasn't planning to slap on bigger offroad tires. The OME shocks came with a 1 year warranty. The coils another year. So when purchased together, 2 years warranty.

*mmm,
    In my experience, replacing the shocks alone improved the ride. When the installer showed me how hard it was to push a fully extended OEM shock vs an OME shock, I somehow lost my skepticism. I saved some, however, for the ride being too soft, but that wasn't the case either, coz day after that, I took the Prado out with the family (all 7 seats taken, by adults), and we weren't bottoming out. But hey, if you want to go for the springs too, why not?

*ARB,
    Heard from some sources that OMEs get hard after a while, I suppose within the warranty period of one year or slightly after that, so these guys come back and have them replaced. That's why Big Dawg was what they recommended to my friend with a Patrol. Can't confirm this, though. I'm still happy with my shocks

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    how much would rancho rs 9000 with remote cost?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Rancho Shocks on LC120 Prado