New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    afaik, leaf springs din ang hilux sa likod, sa harap ang coils.
    Coils sa harap at likod ang Hilux.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    If I were to choose between the 3 (hi-lux, d-ax and strada) i will go for the hi-lux.

reasons:
    1. hilux has new design among the 3, poging-pogi siya ngayon dahil bagong labas
    2. good engine. the 3.0Liter engine is one hell of a powerful engine talagang humahatak compared to the 3.1Liter of D-MAx forget the engine of Strada.
    3. roomier, the new hilux cargo box at the back was trimmed to allow the front double cab to be moved backwards thus creating more space for both front and rear passenger. Talagang maluwag siya compared to the old Hi-lux.
    4. the coil springs have significantly reduced the bouncy of its ride (although it cannot beat the ride offered by TLC VX but pwede na rin ito)
    5. Tested Toyota Quality and high resale value basta Toyota.

By the way we have both old and new Strada, old Fuego and new D-Max and old Hi-lux as company service vehicle. A friend of mine just acquired his new Hi-lux just week ago and having a ride of the three for purposes of comparison, I'd say that the Hi-lux has a better ride than Strada and D-max. We are talking here of 4X4 running in rough roads at a distance of 12-20km. Pag highway naman kasi di mo halos mafeel ang difference ng ride sa tatlo. I also observed that sitting at the back of strada seems like you are slipping forward. I guess it has something to do with the design of their rear seats at masikip ang Strada. Ang D-Max naman parang new Hi-lux na din ang space sa loob. D-MAx by the way offered more extra features than the two. Pero mas mataas ang tindig ng bagong Hi-lux.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_cool
    FORTUNER di ko ata alam ito ano ang my gawa? at \tanong ko na din ano ba ang 4x4 sa 4x2 mero ako CRV pero wala naman itong shifter ng pang 4wd kya di pa ako nakakagamit ng my pangalawang kambyo. ang 4x4 ba pwedeng 4 na gulong ang kumakamot at pwede din ang likod at harap ang 4x2 ba pwede di pwedeng 4 na gulong pero pwede din ang ilokd at harap
    at ano ba ang 4h 4l na nakikita ko
    Ang 4H means 4-high, four wheels engage that can run at high gear. Ang gamit nito is when you are driving in slippery road during rainy and snowy season and need additional traction of your tires to avoid skidding.

The 4L means 4-low, 4 wheel engaged at low gear. This is used when you are stucked in the mud and needs to ge out of it by adding traction and additional torque to your tires. The 4 weels will not spin very fast but will bite hard on anything it can hold on to.

Correct me if Im wrong but I believe CRV equipped 4X4 have what they call a real time 4-wheel drive. It means the 4-wheels will automatically engage when the vehicle feel the need of an additional tire traction without having the driver to push or engage anything. But in most cases it is running at 4X2 only.

Meron din mga 4X4 vehicle that uses limited slip differentials. Mostly ito yung may user selectability locking option, like you like to use or lock only the two front wheels or the two rear wheels. This is offered to high end models like Toyota Land Cruiser VX. Meron din yung naka fixed lockers meaning all the wheel are locked at engaged position all the time. This is usually found on vehicles used in off-road competitions and extreme trails.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    now that the dmax novelty has died down..napansin ko lang..the front seats are low (may adjustment ba ito di ko kasi napansin).. and the m/t shifter is kinda rubbery..at parang di klaro mga gears ehehehe (i hope you know what i mean..)

hilux is the truck to get these days...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    *Offroader, Tnx sa paliwanag mo talgang Hi-Lux na lng ang kukunin ko Prob ko na alng sa pagcanvas ng hilux kung sino sa mga ahente ang mapipiga ko maibigay na alng nila ang gusto ko hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pwede mo pm si marantz.. taga toyota makati ata siya

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    now that the dmax novelty has died down..napansin ko lang..the front seats are low (may adjustment ba ito di ko kasi napansin).. and the m/t shifter is kinda rubbery..at parang di klaro mga gears ehehehe (i hope you know what i mean..)

hilux is the truck to get these days...
    walang height adjustment yun seats. thats true for the M/T

May 2.7 VVTI ba na hilux with the same height as 4x4. May nakita ako last weekend... baka naduling ako or something

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    what is the consumption of 4x4 hilux? sabi nila 17km/l long drive and 12km/l City drive. totoo ba?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_cool
    *Offroader, Tnx sa paliwanag mo talgang Hi-Lux na lng ang kukunin ko
    Good Choice.............

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    like the one on the bottom na lang compared sa alloy. what do you guys think?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Q? About New HI-LUX