New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    What is the best way to prove the fuel efficiency of your auto? Formula basically is...

Fuel consumed/Distance travelled = Fuel Efficiency

Distance travelled is easy to get especially if digital by resetting the trip meter to 0. How about fuel consumed? Is the fuel level meter(analog) accurate or just approximate?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    You should use the gas pump reading when you fuel next time.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    You should use the gas pump reading when you fuel next time.
    Okay.

Ser yung gas meter, per liter ba yung scale nun? I mean one unit is one liter?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by samcoy View Post
    Although this is fine when you want to measure it in liters per kilometer...

I think it makes more sense to do it the usual way:

Kilometers travelled / = _( )_ km/li
    Liter of fuel consumed

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Okay.

Ser yung gas meter, per liter ba yung scale nun? I mean one unit is one liter?
    Nope. It'll depend on the size of the tank. Obviously 1/4th a tank reading on a Ford Expedition is much bigger than 1/4th a tank on a Honda Jazz.

-

Use the readings at the gas pump. Fill up to the first automatic "click" of the gas pump at the station ("full tank, first click"), then when you want to compare, fill up again at the exact same pump. Some pumps have an early cut-off, some have a later one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Although this is fine when you want to measure it in liters per kilometer...

Liter of fuel consumed

Right. Ngayon ko lng din napansin na km/li pala like in the fuel efficiency thread.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    What is the best way to prove the fuel efficiency of your auto? Formula basically is...

When the numerator is the consumption, that's the fuel consumption rating, just like how many beers (measured in 335ml bottles) can you drink (consume) in one hour (time -> distance travelled) is your beer consumption rating.

When you measure how long it takes for you to gulp down, say, 5 beers, that's your beer drinking efficiency rating.

Like my current (circa February 2010, for future reference) says:

Fuel Consumption (ltr/km) is not Fuel Efficiency (km/ltr)!

Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post

Liter of fuel consumed
    Right. Ngayon ko lng din napansin na km/li pala like in the fuel efficiency thread.
    Some people might say I'm nitpicking, but hey, bakit pa tayo nag-aral ng units of measurement sa math kung hindi rin lang natin aayusin ang paggamit, di ba? Same with grammar. Oops, daming natamaan diyan.

[SIZE=1]7/3,712[/SIZE]

Proving fuel efficiency