New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    gud day to all readers, thank's for dropping by.. i have concern on our 94 toyota liteace van. when i use the aircon and i'm running.. the temperature gauge is o.k. but when i'm stuck in a traffic, it is starting to rise until it overheats... does anyone have an idea of this? somebody told me to replace the original radiator to a bigger one's like 4 rows.. have anyone expirience it? can you share it? thank's...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    That's most likely the radiator fan, let it idle for 10 minutes or so with the hood open and watch the fan and temp gauge, if the fan never kicks on, or kicks on only after it's already overheating, that's your problem. If it comes on late, it's a sensor, if it doesn't come on, it's either the motor, sensor, or relay, get a qualified electrical tech. to service if that's the case.

Also, there are two fans under your hood, one's for the radiator, one's for the ac. (most likely the smaller one) they may also be on separate systems with different triggers for turning on. So observe them.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i have the same issue with my liteace, although it never really overheated, at least not yet. if i notice the temp going up, i turn the ac off for 2-3 minutes. hassle, especially if it's hot, but it saves me from overheating.

that's the band-aid solution. i suggest you follow what v6dreamer said.

pm mo si drey..

baka may faulty aux fan ka..

as for 4-rows, 2-3 rowed-evercool radiator din kailangan mo..

is your clutch fan still engaging?(the big fan infront of the engine), if not padagdagan mo ng oil..[SIZE=5]WAG NAWAG MO I-PAFIX[/SIZE]!!!!

check mo din baka nag-high pressure AC-system mo.

former liteace owner ako, pero di ako makakarelate sa inyo mga local liteace owners.. kasi JDMconverted 2.0TD 4wd-AT 1991 liteace ko,e..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    thank's for the advice mga sir, if i remember b4, pina check ko na po yung ac system ko. nilagyan na nila ng aux.fan yun and dinagdagan ng oil yung fan sa radiator. pero i would check it again.. alwayz yummy, pano yung sinasabi mong nag high pressure..? nai-a adjust byun? thanks po.. mga sir..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by joniryl15 View Post
    gud day to all readers, thank's for dropping by.. i have concern on our 94 toyota liteace van. when i use the aircon and i'm running.. the temperature gauge is o.k. but when i'm stuck in a traffic, it is starting to rise until it overheats... does anyone have an idea of this? somebody told me to replace the original radiator to a bigger one's like 4 rows.. have anyone expirience it? can you share it? thank's...
    Years ago, when I still had a Liteace, I had the same problem. All it took was to have the radiatior flushed. Never had another overheating problem after that.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by joniryl15 View Post
    Sir...your problem is only airflow. Either in cooling fan or along the cooling fins (both radiator and condenser fins).
    Cooling fan problem: cooling fan was installed to temperatured coupling as you can see the fins. If silicon oil is insufficient or the bi-metal heat sensing device faulty. Fan airflow will minimized the air velocity.
    Remedy: Add silicon oil to coupling (1 to 1.5 sachet).

Cooling fins problem:
    Liteace radiator and A/C condenser installed underneath so it always suck all the dirt and accumulated in radiator and A/C condenser fins and minimizes airflow.
    Remedy: Blow-out out dirt/dust from your radiator and condenser fins using compressed air including your front condenser (1 on the radiator and another one vertically installed on the front removed first the mounting bolts to blow inside). And lately blow it with pressurize water (careful not to damage the fins).
    I hope this will help you.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If you don't have a thermostat, install one. You won't regret it.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    thank's yoda...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    sir ako din ganyan un situation ng lite ace ko.. tinirik kami kahapon sa ortigas.. nag overheat kasi nka aircon kami from antipolo to recto kaso nun tumaas un temp nya.. pinatay na namin.. bumaba ng konte un temp.. pero ng over heat pa din after 10-25 mins n traffic..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
over heating of liteace