New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    natakapan ko na pala yun 5 holes underneath sa may rear bumper... kaso sa case ng innova namin, parang sa harap pumapasok yun amoy usok...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ang alam ko kahit anung car, ang design ng a/c may small percentage ng fresh air kahit recirculate mode. pero bihira may pumasok ng mabahong amoy wag lang yung usok ng nagsisiga, sa bukid or sctex.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    ang alam ko kahit anung car, ang design ng a/c may small percentage ng fresh air kahit recirculate mode.
    I agree and an example is the Subaru Forester. You will really notice it. Yes even with recirc button on.

But our Fortuner and Innova has none of this problem of foul air entering through the front vents. Yes with recirc button on.

On the Innova, the foul smell really comes from the ceiling air vents. Its directed towards me so I can really smell the smoke as the air hits my face. Once I smell it, I immediately turn off the rear a/c. Smoke smell weakens and eventually dissipates.

Another example. When travelling along Manila Pier to Navotas, you can smell the putrid smell coming inside through the rear vents.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I agree and an example is the Subaru Forester. You will really notice it. Yes even with recirc button on.

But our Fortuner and Innova has none of this problem of foul air entering through the front vents. Yes with recirc button on.

On the Innova, the foul smell really comes from the ceiling air vents. Its directed towards me so I can really smell the smoke as the air hits my face. Once I smell it, I immediately turn off the rear a/c. Smoke smell weakens and eventually dissipates.

Another example. When travelling along Manila Pier to Navotas, you can smell the putrid smell coming inside through the rear vents.
    Na solve mo ba problema dito sir?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    Na solve mo ba problema dito sir?
    Its a design flaw. I don't think it can be solved. :D

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    ang alam ko kahit anung car, ang design ng a/c may small percentage ng fresh air kahit recirculate mode. pero bihira may pumasok ng mabahong amoy wag lang yung usok ng nagsisiga, sa bukid or sctex.
    That's not true.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    meron palang car ac design na fully recirculate lang at walang kahit kaunting fresh air, pede ba malaman sir kung anung car yun?
    delikado yan sa long drive at puno ng passengers.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post

Thanks sir number001 for sharing your experience.

Sa innova E namin, hindi recirculate button, lever type siya. Kahit naka-set sa recirculate, pumapsok parin amoy usok at ibang amoy sa front aircon. I tried na patay yun rear aircon the whole trip, kapag naka sunod ka sa bus/jeep na mausok papasok yun amoy.

Parang hindi ata lapat ng maayos yun cover sa front air vent. Pero kahit i-open/close ko yun recirculate lever, ganun parin, may pumapasok parin.

Plan ko tuloy patakpan na yun front air vent sa ilalim ng wiper cowl. May ma-suggest ba kayo na shop kung saan pwede patakpan yun? Along QC/Sta. Mesa if meron.

Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by matt chua View Post
    Thanks sir number001 for sharing your experience.

Sa innova E namin, hindi recirculate button, lever type siya. Kahit naka-set sa recirculate, pumapsok parin amoy usok at ibang amoy sa front aircon. I tried na patay yun rear aircon the whole trip, kapag naka sunod ka sa bus/jeep na mausok papasok yun amoy.

Parang hindi ata lapat ng maayos yun cover sa front air vent. Pero kahit i-open/close ko yun recirculate lever, ganun parin, may pumapasok parin.

Plan ko tuloy patakpan na yun front air vent sa ilalim ng wiper cowl. May ma-suggest ba kayo na shop kung saan pwede patakpan yun? Along QC/Sta. Mesa if meron.

Thanks!
    Paayos mo na lang sir, wag mo ipatakpan para may option ka. Sa akin 2005 Innova ay walang problema sa front, Sa rear pumapasok ang amoy.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    My vehicle - Innova J 2.5 DSL M/T 2010
    It is used as school car for my kids
    The aircon is set at circulating (so no outside air should come in)
    Whenever I ride on it, I would feel slightly dizzy
    In 2013, someone rode on our car. She commented that we also had the same problem as other Inova - that there is smell
    My driver asked other drivers, they all have the same comment; that they smell something and this smell doesn't go away even after they had it fixed
    One day, my daughter began to have headache. She went to several doctors but the results are negative.
    I started researching on this and came across CO poisoning - then it got me thinking about my Innova. I researched on it and saw your blog
    I switch the school car to another brand and the headache was gone
    I brought my car to a Toyota Dealer on 3/8/14 and have it fixed. I still could smell the CO afterwards
    I wrote to Toyota Phils on 4/23/14. I gave them all the research I had including link to this topic. They contacted the dealer to communicate with me.
    Since then, it has been in and out of the "casa" but the result is still the same
    They changed a lot of rubbers of my car but the problem still exist. I suggested they review the ventilation design.

CO is odorless, tasteless, invisible. The smell would probably come from the dirty fumes that's coming out of the old vehicles like the jeeps
    In the US, the CO limit is 30ppm <> 70ppm. The smoke detectors are set to alarm if this limit is reached
    There is no issue in the US or other country regarding CO in cars since the age of cars and emissions of cars are highly regulated
    But still, cars are to be designed properly to avoid outside fumes from coming in
    After several times that my car had been in and out of Toyota, I requested them to purchase a CO meter so they could quantify the problem. Until now, they refused to do so.
    Last year, I bought myself a CO meter from eBay. I believe that this problem can only be solved if there is way to measure it. True enough, it has become useful with my complaint I even let the dealer borrow it for testing

I never wanted to make this a big issue.
    I gave the plant enough time to fix but the problem still exist.
    Last week, I had a discussion with the customer service of the dealer. I reminded them to buy the CO meter and review the vent design bec they had already tried everything else and it didn't work. He mentioned that I am the only one with this problem.
    So now I'm posting my issue and see if its really just my car.
    Please post if you have the same issue
    You can also email Toyota Phils for your complaint at cac2*toyota.com.ph
    I still have faith in the brand and the company but I just don't know what these quality supervisors are up to

I made a test last 7/30/15. Passed by Makati and the result shows 103ppmimg_6774.jpgimg_6778.jpg

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Outside smoke smell entering Innova's cabin through back aircon