New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    toyota motors has a promo about this! oldest toyota built in the philippines...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    uhm ... ok.

details?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Toyota Motors Phils is looking for the oldest unit that they built. Not those units made by Delta Motors, etc... But TMPI only.

That would easily mean 1989 Corolla.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes, the newspaper ad says 1989. prize is an innova.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But the first 1989 Corollas were SKD (Semi knock down): Japan assembled then they only added in the stuff like tires, batteries, etc.

If memory serves me correctly, the SKDs had a different steering wheel cover, generic Toyota radio (non-Alpine) and the running board portion was black. The bumpers were also non-color keyed and the body colors came in red, dark blue, and white.

Any other criteria aside from age? Closeness to original specs?
    Last edited by vinj; March 28th, 2012 at 02:47 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by onewaytrip View Post
    yes, the newspaper ad says 1989. prize is an innova.

eto ba yun? click here
    paragraph 6, promo pag may luma kang modelo ng toyota, pwede makakuha ng discount.
    not necesarilly corolla.

may link ba kayo dyan sa details? baka iba toh sinasabi ko.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    But the first 1989 Corollas were SKD (Semi knock down): Japan assembled then they only added in the stuff like tires, batteries, etc.

If memory serves me correctly, the SKDs had a different steering wheel cover, generic Toyota radio (non-Alpine) and the running board portion was black. The bumpers were also non-color keyed and the body colors came in red, dark blue, and white.

Any other criteria aside from age? Closeness to original specs?
    I read about the criteria from their ad (Phil Star Mar 25,2012 main section). If I remember correctly, it must be close to original. No modifications on the chassis or anything major.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    eto ba yun? click here
    paragraph 6, promo pag may luma kang modelo ng toyota, pwede makakuha ng discount.
    not necesarilly corolla.

may link ba kayo dyan sa details? baka iba toh sinasabi ko.

Different promo and completely unrelated. You get 30K discount if you own any previous Toyota unit. 40K if you own an Innova, Revo, FX. All regardless of age and condition. Its just a loyalty discount thing.

The search for the oldest Toyota is another promo wherein purchase is not necessary. As long you have a unit that meets the criteria then you have a chance to win.

oldest toyota!