New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    I have a 2002 4WD Toyota Rav4, The oil pressure indicator warning light turned on so I change my oil but still it doesnt turned off. The mechanic told me to replace the spark plugs which I did and the oil pressure indicator light was gone but I hear/felt something bad from the engine sound. My question is, Is my engine damaged? do I need to replace the coil, injector and oil strainer to attain the smooth sound of the engine.

Hoping to hear from others who have the idea of my problem or to those with similar experience.

Thanks,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by melricasata View Post
    I have a 2002 4WD Toyota Rav4, The oil pressure indicator warning light turned on so I change my oil but still it doesnt turned off. The mechanic told me to replace the spark plugs which I did and the oil pressure indicator light was gone but I hear/felt something bad from the engine sound. My question is, Is my engine damaged? do I need to replace the coil, injector and oil strainer to attain the smooth sound of the engine.
    Hmmm, you might want to have your engine checked for "sludge" build up within the engine. If I am correct, that model RAV4 did have sludge build up problems even if proper oil change schedule was followed. I think it can be checked by removing the valve cover from the top of the engine.

You can have it checked at SPEEDLAB. (http://www.speedlab.com.ph/contact.htm)

Oil Pressure Warning Light Problem