New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    The Urban Cruiser made its official debut today at the Paris Auto Show. Sales will begin in May 2009 and Toyota hopes to sell 30,000 units a year.
    The Urban Cruiser has a length of 3,930 mm, a wheelbase of 2,460 mm and cargo capacity of 314 litres or 749 litres with rear seats folded down.
    It is offered in two versions: 2WD model equipped with sliding, reclining and fold-down mechanisms similar to the RAV4 seating system and AWD model featuring reclining seats and the double fold down system.
    It will be launched with a choice of two extremely fuel efficient and clean engines: a re-engineered 1.4-litre D-4D engine (90 hp for both the AWD and 2WD versions) and a brand new 1.33-litre Dual VVT-i petrol engine (100 hp) with Stop & Start system. Both drive a new 6-speed manual transmission that delivers an optimum combination of driving pleasure and class-leading fuel efficiency.

Toyota introduces a new Stop & Start system with the launch of the Urban Cruiser, further enhancing its top-class environmental performance. This advanced Stop & Start system comes standard with the 1.33 Dual VVT-i petrol unit. The 1.33 Dual VVT-i petrol engine with Stop & Start system has a CO2 emissions level of just 130g/km.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    wow!

i like!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    will that be available here in the phil?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    The Toyota Urban Cruiser is a new mini SUV to be produced by Japanese automaker Toyota for the 2009 model year. It will slot below the Toyota RAV4 to compete against the Daihatsu Terios, Mitsubishi Concept-cX and Suzuki SX4. The Toyota Urban Cruiser will debut at the 2008 Geneva Auto Show

here is the picute of direct competitor..

Also called :
    Daihatsu Bego (in Japan and China)
    Toyota Rush
    Perodua Nautica (in Malaysia)

Mitsubishi Concept-cX

Suzuki SX4

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Maganda ah kelan kaya lalabas yan dito? Sana ilabas na yan

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    maganda!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    as usual, i doubt lalabas ito sa pinas haha. Sana tigilan na nila yung mga asian utility vehicles katulad ng innova at avanza, and bring in more exciting cars

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i have seen the SX4. it's nowhere near an elevated suv. it's just a sedan.

pero the likes of this dapat talaga ang bilhin ngaun, nissan rogue, ford kuga/edge, mazda cx-7 and now this. elevated pero car-like manuverability.

eto ang mga hinhintay ko types of cars, sobrang crossover, hindi yun old school type of big cars which is very disadvantageous in congested cities.

kia soul

i'm always in the lookout for cars of these sizes: eto dream ko having 2 of this in the garage. low profile but functional and silent worker.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    go for suzuki sx4 hatch and try one, baka magandahan ka din dun.

hmm.. this is sweet kaso malamang sobrang tagal niyan lalabas starting from my post today. promising nga siguro yung sinasabi nilang fuel economy niya pero time is gold eh. tapos hindi pa masabi kung darating yan dito sa shores ng pinas..

i want a car pa naman na parang sedan yet mukang suv/cuv and sporty just like the sx4 hatch :ashamed2:

wala na po bang news regarding this urban cruiser?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Why does it look like the Scion Xd?

http://gallery.carreview.com/data/ca...scion_xd_4.jpg

Edit: It is the Scion rebadged as a Toyota and fitted wth a smaller/weaker engine. That thing is small, probably just a bit bigger than a Suzuki Swift and a bit smaller than the SX4.
    Last edited by redorange; November 5th, 2008 at 06:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Official 2009 Toyota Urban Cruiser