New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Launched recently at the Detroit autoshow. TOYOTA VENZA 2009.

2009 VENZA PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS

POWERTRAIN
    2.7-liter four-cylinder engine
    Horsepower: TBD
    Torque: TBD
    Six-speed sequential shift automatic transmission
    3.5-liter V6
    Horsepower: 268 * 6,200
    Torque: 246 lb.-ft. * 4,700 rpm
    Six-speed sequential shift automatic transmission
    Drive System: Front- and All-Wheel-Drive
    DIMENSIONS (inches)
    Overall Length: 189.0
    Overall Width: 75.0
    Overall Height: 63.4
    Wheelbase: 109.3
    Ground clearance: 8.1
    Wheels: 19-inch alloy wheels (four-cylinder only)
    20-inch alloy wheels (standard on V6 and available on four-cylinder)
    Tire Size: 20-inch: 245/50R20
    19-inch: 245/55R19
    Towing Capacity: 3,500 lbs. (V6 model)
    Seating Capacity: 5

Please see link below for more info:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/newth...=newthread&f=7

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Any comments on this especially those US based tsikoteers? I am planning to get this once it comes out by the end of the year.

I like that it is a bit bigger than RAV4 and a tad smaller than any mid-size SUV. It has luxurious appointments inside and 19" standard dubs for the 4 cylinder variant. As gas prices keeps on rising, I am looking for a better alternative for my gas guzzling G35. Toyota answers my need with this vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I like this better than the new 07-08 Toyota Highlander.. My uncle has one and im not digging the Highlander at all..This Venza should look sweet with those 20 inchers man mad bling yo!

BTW, I would get the V6 if i were to buy this vehicle because by judging at the pic of that Venza it looks kinda porky.. :twocents:

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks bro. I also think the V6 will be a good choice. Would you say this is a Toyota "LOWLANDER"?

I can't help comparing this with Pacifica, HHR, Ford Edge, Volvo Cross Country, Subaru Forester, Lexus RX series and others threading the same genre. Hope this won't cost much since it is based on Camry.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    You wanna save on gas by downgrading from a V8 to a V6? Why not go straight for a big, strong 4 cylinder with a good tranny like the Forester 2009? Para talagang maramdaman mo yung pagtipid ng consumption!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Thanks bro. I also think the V6 will be a good choice. Would you say this is a Toyota "LOWLANDER"?

I can't help comparing this with Pacifica, HHR, Ford Edge, Volvo Cross Country, Subaru Forester, Lexus RX series and others threading the same genre. Hope this won't cost much since it is based on Camry.
    Lowlander it is haha..Im guessing maybe in the low to mid 20's for the 4 cyl and mid 20's to the low 30's for the fully equipped V6 since the Highlander starts * 27k so this should be cheaper..

CUV's are a hit now and im pretty surprised as insurance rates on these vehicles are fairly cheap compared to a similarly sized family sedan.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    You wanna save on gas by downgrading from a V8 to a V6? Why not go straight for a big, strong 4 cylinder with a good tranny like the Forester 2009? Para talagang maramdaman mo yung pagtipid ng consumption!
    Uhmmm he has a VQ35 HO 3.5 V6 on his G35 not a V8 hehe :peace:

I don't think Subies are known for great gas consumption and the Boxer 4 turbo EJ25 would have the same if not just a hair or two better than Toyota's V6.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    This is so neat!

I never thought I'd see the day Toyota would slap on stock 20 inchers.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Forester is on my short list (another Toyota sibling). However, it is still early to make any final judgement as both have not arrived in the dealership yet to test. I'm more inclined towards this Venza as the appointments shown are more luxurious than Forester, setting aside other factors. Thanks for your suggestion sir. Well noted.

By the way, do you drive a Forester? I see that they are getting good reviews from Consumer Reports and Motor Trend.

I hope somebody will post a side-by-side comparison with Venza and Forester.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Forester is on my short list (another Toyota sibling). However, it is still early to make any final judgement as both have not arrived in the dealership yet to test. I'm more inclined towards this Venza as the appointments shown are more luxurious than Forester, setting aside other factors. Thanks for your suggestion sir. Well noted.

By the way, do you drive a Forester? I see that they are getting good reviews from Consumer Reports and Motor Trend.

I hope somebody will post a side-by-side comparison with Venza and Forester.
    That's why i didn't recommend the Forester because you're more inclined towards the Venza and it's (Forester) interior space is gonna be a tad smaller compared to the Venza's interior which should be the same as the Camry and yes a luxurious looking one indeed.

Yes i do have a 3 week old '08 Forester Sports Click --> World Rally Blue and yes it's one of the most awarded Compact SUV on the market today..

Anyway i just subscribed to this thread hehe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
New Toyota CUV - VENZA 2009