New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    hi guys, new member kc ako ng tsikot.com forum, meron kc nag-oofer sakin ng toyota corolla xe 94, ok nman yung body kaya lng nung inalis nya sa parking, may nakita ako na oil at water sa lapag... anu kya ibig sabihin nito? ok bilhin ko yung car??? 1st time ko kc bibili ng car...help please tnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TX format.

Read the rules.

Ignorance of the rules is NOT an excuse.

Repeat offenses will lead to banning.
    [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey View Post
    hi guys, new member kc ako ng tsikot.com forum, meron kc nag-oofer sakin ng toyota corolla xe 94, ok nman yung body kaya lng nung inalis nya sa parking, may nakita ako na oil at water sa lapag... anu kya ibig sabihin nito? ok bilhin ko yung car??? 1st time ko kc bibili ng car...help please tnx
    Welcome to the forum Stacey. Please refrain from using text format as it is not allowed here.

Regarding your query, it appears that the car has busted oil seals/gaskets...hence the puddle of oil on the ground. Add to this the puddle of water, probably a leak in the cooling system (busted radiator hose, water pump, etc.)

This is evidence of a poorly maintained car. I would look elsewhere if I were you.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009

just bring a trusted mechanic to inspect the car, a toyota xe is a good car in terms of maintenance and durability

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rachely476 View Post
    Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jojomonsalud View Post
    just bring a trusted mechanic to inspect the car, a toyota xe is a good car in terms of maintenance and durability
    just let him have a look at the power steering too, baka meron na tagas.
    XE bib body is a good car.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Time to change oil seals. Opt for a set of original Toyota ones. They last much longer although they are a bit more expensive. While they're there you might want to replace the timing belt too.

EE100 Corolla XE is a good car... best of both worlds... you get the power steering and the dashboard of the GLi, while saving a lot in terms of fuel and maintenance with the 1.3 2E engine. Very reliable engine, taxidrivers swear by it. Carbureted which means less things that can go wrong.

Cons are... well, it's the "taxi car"... otherwise if you can live with it, you can rely on it.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    hi po..newbie here..got my second car, not quite sure anung class ng small body..kc wala na yung sa likod eh..
    XE po ba yung nakuha ko kaya? small body pero power steering, carb type, 2E engine..pasensya napo newbie sa car..by the way, my first car was corona dx with 12r engine..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eLy_418 View Post
    hi po..newbie here..got my second car, not quite sure anung class ng small body..kc wala na yung sa likod eh..
    XE po ba yung nakuha ko kaya? small body pero power steering, carb type, 2E engine..pasensya napo newbie sa car..by the way, my first car was corona dx with 12r engine..

if that is power steering then it is corolla xe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    good pm mga sir!!! newbie din po and a new owner of a corolla xe...hihingi lang din po ng payo...magpapalit po kasi ako ng timing belt, change oil and pa tune up ko din yung car ko...ano pa po ba ang dapat kung ipasabay na palitan o ipaayos kung gagawin ang mga ito para isang gawaan na lang? salamat po!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
new member (buying corolla xe / advise)