New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    innova doesnt need vnt, so many times i travelled with fortuner vvti and 2.5d4d, an innova just easily overtakes me with my speed of 100kph

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kep777 View Post
    innova doesnt need vnt, so many times i travelled with fortuner vvti and 2.5d4d, an innova just easily overtakes me with my speed of 100kph
    Sir, may I ask, do you think its a vvt-i or a d4d, the drivetrain of the Innova that overtook you?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Regardless of the the drivetrain. Innova will really easily overtake you, because its lighter.

If Gas engine, his RPM at 100kph is where max torque begins.
    If diesel engine, 2.5d4d of fortuner is the same as w/ innova. With a lighter body, innova wins again.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    commuter, GL at super grandia ang dapat lagyan ng VNT talaga. ang mahal nila tapos di naka VNT, tapos iniwanan lang ng grand starex VGT, tsk.
    Last edited by ericson21; October 26th, 2012 at 03:58 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hindi pa rin mawawalan ng market ang fortuner.. Fortuner is fortuner.. Target market nyan is middle class to upper middle class. May mga tao na masyadong brand conscious lalo na sa kotse..

Pero nice to hear if Toyota will release an innova variant with VNT..

Quote Originally Posted by jrn29 View Post
    boss ilabas kaya dito sa pinas yan VNT innova ? baka kasi mawalan ng sales ang fortuner kasi same lang sila ng interior , engine syempre yung iba kasi kung saan makakamura dun sila .

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    innova is offered at different gas engines in the middle east market. take note of a v8 innova or the smaller 2.7 4 mill engine. that's a lot to talk about comparing that lc200 and sequoia is also sold there.

check this out:

Toyota (Saudi Arabia) - Innova '13 - Specifications

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by david_anthony View Post
    innova is offered at different gas engines in the middle east market. take note of a v8 innova or the smaller 2.7 4 mill engine. that's a lot to talk about comparing that lc200 and sequoia is also sold there.

check this out:

Seriously?!?!?! di kaya tataob yan?!?!

Pero, huwaw!!! V8 madness in an Innova: 381hp * 5600rpm!!!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by david_anthony View Post

check this out:

Kung ganun din kamura ang fuel dito sa pinas...y not? Depende kasi sa market ang specs ng ilalabas na sasakyan. you can't compare middle east market vs the PH.

Just my 2 cents

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Tanong lang (hindi ko sigurado kung na post na ito sa iba):

Ano mods needed para mag parehas ang output ng HiAce at Innova diesel sa Fortuner 2.5 VNT? Turbo swap? Intercooler? ECU? Also where to source them.

May gumawa na ba rito sa atin nyan sa Innova 2kd or HiAce?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverspitz View Post
    I don't think there is a need to attach a hood scoop to turbocharge an engine. I agree that the turbo intercooler system's design will vary from that from the Hilux and Fortuner since those two depend on the hood scoop. The modification may entail extra cost but its very possible, since other turbocharged diesel do not need a hood scoop, such as Hyundai's Revgt and Mitsubishi's 4D56 VGT.
    note that even the current 2KD FTV in the innova is already turbocharged. what it is missing from the fortuner/hilux's engine is the intercooler only. in the current version, Toyota is using a top mounted intercooler, hence the hood scoop.

with the new GD series engines, Toyota went with a front mounted intercooler so no more need for a hood scoop.

i would imagine slapping on an intercooler and the attendant plumbing would entail quite an expense that Toyota will definitely pass on to consumers. maybe not something most buyers of the innova will be willing to shell out extra for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast