New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just buy the OEM fuel filter element from Toyota Dagupan. Try doing an overnight unplug of the ECU to see if resetting will do any help.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by millean View Post
    The fuel system warning light flashes na po, pero no buzzer. And i already did the draining of fuel filter water. Pero bat ganun, amoy diesel naman po ung lumalabas hindi tubig? Kinakabahan ako fellow tsikoteers. What to do next po? Hindi ko pa po engine start kasi kinakabahan ako baka sumabog kasi amoy gas ung lumalabas. Sorry mejo magulo ung thread ko.
    i had the same problem before. pinalitan ko ng filter.. binomba ko.. kahit anong gawin ko, ayaw mamatay-matay yung warning light. sa inis ko, pinalitan ko ang buong assembly: filter and filter housing. ayun. 5 years na, hindi pa umu-ulit.. kung anong nangyari nung una, ay hindi ko pa alam..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    everytime umilaw ang warning light for the fuel system, palit na kami ng fuel filter agad. Twice na nangyari sa amin when the driver forgot to ask money for diesel.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    mga nasa 600 lang yata yun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    nagtaas na price ng fuel filter element ng D4-D. Php750 na.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    350 kesos sa banawe. non-oem lang nga..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

what brand yan sir? ung VIC nga nasa Php650+ ang price.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i had the same problem before. pinalitan ko ng filter.. binomba ko.. kahit anong gawin ko, ayaw mamatay-matay yung warning light. sa inis ko, pinalitan ko ang buong assembly: filter and filter housing. ayun. 5 years na, hindi pa umu-ulit.. kung anong nangyari nung una, ay hindi ko pa alam..
    how much it cost sir nun time na un?
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ah. paano ung labor? baka mas mahal ung labor :D

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    at that time, some years ago, the whole assembly cost me less than 2.5K oem from pasay rotonda, i think.. but i'm not so sure..
    and since i didn't want to get my elbows dirty, i had the tambay mekaniko do it for 150 kesos. watching him, it was really easy. just disconnect the electrical coonnection, remove the tube connections and the mounting bolts, get out the old and reverse the procedure to install the new.. then pump prime.. ... less than 5 minutes total.. madali lang.
    and the funny thing was, i was driving around for some time with that fuel water idiot light on even after draining.. engine didn't miss a beat. in retrospect, i suspect the sensor electrodes corroded when they were exposed to water, and the only remedy was to replace the entire cannister.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 1st, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's relatively easy to replace the element. Buy the part from Toyota then you can ask a mechanic to replace it for you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast